How would you make your mark if you knew you could influence beyond your current projects?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), and machine learning.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day. You will work within a Thoughtworks team, alongside other Thoughtworks Developers, Project Managers, Business Analyst and other roles. You will be responsible for working with this team in a client account and creating on demand solutions through good practices and delivery excellence.
Lead Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. As a Lead Developer, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients in order to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and alongside your fellow teammates. You will work as a hands-on leader, applying a variety of programming languages, so you will never go post-technical in this role.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between.
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- You will be responsible for creating quality code and for working with good practices that bring value to the end product.
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients’ problems while staying within constraints.
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed.
- Work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences.
- Utilize the latest technology thinking from our tech radar in your work
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re well-versed in Java, Scala or C# and feel comfortable with the latest Object-Oriented technology.
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation.
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value.
- You’re willing and able to travel occasionally to client sites or our office in order to solve business problems.
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- We would love it if you’re up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes.
Thoughtworks has a full time remote policy, which states that any Thoughtworker will be able to work from home indefinitely anywhere in Spain. Due to COVID-19 our offices in Barcelona and Madrid are partially open to provide support to employees who require more space and facilities than they have at home. Once this situation improves and following government's recommendations, our offices will be fully opened for anyone who might be interested in working from the offices.
Please don't hesitate to speak with your recruiter about any requirements or concerns you may have.