LEAD PRODUCT MANAGER (m/f/d)
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Product, Lean, Agile and Design thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems, and challenge yourself every day.
Our Product Managers lead the discovery, design and delivery of some of the best digital products in the market today. They help orchestrate business strategy, design and technology disciplines to drive solutions for our clients that provide significant business results through delivering highly effective customer engagement. Thoughtworks Product Managers work with some of the most senior-level executives at our clients to drive alignment around the solutions we build, and the value they deliver.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Develop a customer/user-focused understanding of value and develop solutions based on their needs.
- Shape, define, and communicate short and long-term product strategies with far reaching impacts.
- Frame and run rapid experiments to test new business ideas.
- Build a shared product vision and roadmap, and execute on it.
- Understand how a product contributes to the client’s vision and business strategy, and use data and customer research to inform the value proposition.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with client stakeholders, bridging technical and business worlds, developing a deep understanding of their strategy, structure and business model.
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape, undertake formative research and data analysis, and generate insights.
- Own the product backlog and constantly evolve it based on user research, data, and the latest changes in the market and business.
- Drive the overall product development lifecycle and continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients.
- Ensure ongoing buy-in and support from stakeholders, and bring in external research to validate.
- Serve as a key point of contact to get information for the team, such as goals, problems, and measures of success.
- Support members of the team by removing blockers.
- Contribute to the growth and impact of our evolving business by taking an active part in recruiting, community building, mentorship, identifying and driving best practices and market trends.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a track record of delivering successful products to market.
- You can shape a product vision and translate it into a roadmap with clear business and customer value-based measures of success.
- You enjoy collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to determine the best product-market fit, technical implementation, as well as a release schedule.
- You naturally create an effective collaboration between Thoughtworks and client teams, by encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes.
- You naturally empathise with your product’s users or customers, keeping them in mind throughout all stages of the product lifecycle.
- You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into tangible steps that drive product development at speed.
- You provide thought leadership, leveraging your extensive expertise to advise stakeholders, coach product teams, introduce best practices, identify roadblocks and generate solutions for resolving them quickly.
- You have a knack for prioritisation, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise.
- You love facilitating workshops with stakeholders. You’re able to clearly define a value proposition and seamlessly articulate it, generating support and buy-in from all relevant stakeholders.
- You’re analytical; you know that your product must provide tangible business value and can gather the right requirements and market data analysis to support your work.
- But you’re right-brained, too; you know the power of effective storytelling and can easily synthesise research insights into clear, impactful messaging.
- You have experience in user research and a deep understanding of design methods and processes.
- You are comfortable with travel, which you could typically be 4 days per week
- Business level English & German to B2 or above
And this is what you can expect:
- Thoughtworks offers centrally located office spaces which enable agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair.
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance.
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices.
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office.
- Besides our famous Christmas Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events.
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. Thoughtworks supports you in writing articles, doing meetups or speaking on conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!
For more information about our offices, check our location pages: