Lead Mobile Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. In this role, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and your teammates.
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients' problems while staying within constraints
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences and create meaningful change for a variety of clients
- Utilize the latest technology thinking from our Technology Radar in your work
- Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside Developers; you will never go post-technical in this role
- 10+ years of Software development experience with at least 6+ years in designing/developing Android Mobile applications
- Experience with modern Android development frameworks with Kotlin such as Jetpack compose
- Experience working with cross-functional teams such as design, product, data teams to deliver great user experiences
- Experience in influencing large organizations on best practices in Mobile Android development and Accessibility experience
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing, infrastructure automation and Mobile Testing Pyramid
- Experience with CI/CD, Code Review, Static Analysis, automation and functional testing
- Effective experience in mobile apps path to production
- Experience in handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- BFF (Backend for FrontEnd) and GraphQL
- Expertise in Android tools, frameworks and Reactive Programming and building Design Systems libraries
- Integrating with third party frameworks, tools, and SDKs
- Experience with authenticated session using OAuth and authenticated tokensExperience with build systems on highly modularized apps (Gradle, custom plugins)
- Static and dynamic analyzers (Android lint, ktlint, Custom Rules)
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as GCP, AWS, Kubernetes and Docker
- We would love it if you're up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Advanced English Level
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
- You will act as a mentor for less experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and ability to inspire a team to deliver extraordinary impact together
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You're willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business needs
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Date Posted: 05-12-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.