The Thoughtworks Digital Platform Strategy (DPS) offers a holistic approach unleashing the power an enterprise already possesses. By combining tailored platform solutions with powerful strategic guidance, we collaborate with our partners to build and execute on a strategy to facilitate innovation, reduce time to market, and deliver unique competitive advantage.
As Delivery Infrastructure SME, you will work with our clients to help them create a vision for their delivery infrastructure and a roadmap to implement that vision. You’ll foster an environment that empowers teams and will pursue the development of your team members, setting everyone up to deliver their best work. You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on coding experience and knowledge of latest tech and industry trends to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
**Here's what we'll be looking for you to bring**:
- In depth knowledge of cloud strategy (public, private, hybrid).
- Experience with tools and approaches to support secure, resilient, and scalable architectures such as Cloud Native Architecture principles.
- Experience with Platform as a Service, including commercial offerings and the components necessary to implement containerized workloads.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service /Infrastructure as Code strategies for private and public cloud architectures.
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery practices and tooling, including:
- Application and infrastructure pipeline design - Production testing and monitoring strategies, - Load and performance testing,
- Ephemeral environment orchestration.
- Operational experience with observability practices and tooling such as monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Familiarity with infrastructure components such as networking (including SDN), firewalls, DNS, and storage.
- Awareness of identity and authorization architecture and tools.
- Awareness of release management practices.
- Experience working in agile environments.
**As a leader we are expecting that**:
- You are able to formulate, champion and drive the vision for major technology-led initiatives that are transformational for businesses operating in large and complex environments.
- You understand technology is at the core of every business and realize its transformative power to break through traditional enterprise models.
- You understand the importance of platform-building projects that are value-focused and treat the developer as a customer to be served.
- You have a passion for custom software development and understand how to foster an environment that enables cross-functional teams to do their best work.
- You have experience leading, managing and inspiring multiple large teams.
- You understand the business context and challenges that organizations face and use this understanding to deliver robust, scalable, flexible, and relevant infrastructure solutions.
- You value engineering craftsmanship. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you still bring a deep understanding of software delivery to the table.
- You have strong facilitation skills to ensure alignment to architectural vision.
- You get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
There's no typical day or engagement for Delivery Infrastructure SME’s in this area of focus. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Help executives define measures and quantify the value of a digital platform and strategy.
- Train new technology leaders and developers on platform thinking.
- Communicate team and organizational design approaches to decouple development efforts.
- Collaborate with peers across multiple technology disciplines such as delivery infrastructure, data, and security.
- Lead workshops and group activities with delivery teams and executives.
Regardless of what you do at Thoughtworks, you’ll always have the opportunity to:
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Learn something new everyday.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.