UI Developers collaborate with Business and Quality Analysts, Designers, Project Managers and more to build user interfaces that will create meaningful change for our clients. They listen thoughtfully to understand the context of a business problem and write clean and iterative code to deliver the right result. By balancing strong opinions with a willingness to find the right answer, UI Developers bring integrity to technology, ensuring all voices are heard.
- You will champion best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming.
- You will use continuous delivery practices as needed to deliver high-quality web applications and value to end customers.
- Create scalable UI systems that are delightful, high functioning and accessible to all audiences.
- You will partner with other technologists from cross-functional teams advocating devops culture.
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences and create meaningful change for a variety of clients.
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our Technology Radar to solve client problems.
- Collaborate with a variety of teammates to build features, design concepts and interactive prototypes and ensure best practices and UX specifications are embedded along the way.
- You will oversee or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between.
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- You have experience with concepts such as design systems, atomic design, micro frontends, progressive web apps and backend for frontend.
- You know at least one of the three major contemporary web frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue and can seamlessly switch between them as needed.
- Strong understanding of HTTP, multi-tiered web architectures and the latest web standards including web accessibility.
- You have created responsive, mobile-first experiences using complex CSS layouts and best practices.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- You are comfortable with TypeScript.
- You understand and apply user experience and web design principles into your applications.
- Prior experience with TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery approaches/tools.
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
- Presence in the external tech community: you willingly share your expertise with others via speaking engagements, contributions to open source, blogs and more.
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Date Posted: 05-04-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.