Are you our next Designer? We are looking for an experienced Designer with a curious mind to join our growing team to work on our influential customer projects both locally and on a global scale. At Thoughtworks, you will lead the design of various digital products (usually related to data/AI), help our clients to scope business objectives and create added value by solving them together with the team. Your strengths preferably lie in the area of UX, UI, service or strategic design or perhaps something else entirely. Through our numerous development programs and a community with an appetite for knowledge sharing, we’ll guarantee you an environment to develop in as a professional.
In Finland, you’ll join a community of 50 amazingly talented experts in data, software development, design and strategy who are eager to thrive with you in solving our clients’ most pressing business challenges by bridging the gap between humans, design and technology. In addition to your local colleagues, you’ll be surrounded by 12 000 Thoughtworkers in 49 different countries. Even if we say so ourselves, this is a great opportunity to join our crew and make your mark on the future of Thoughtworks Finland/Nordics and the growth of the whole global organization. Even though we are global we still have a sense of autonomy when it comes to our work here in Finland.
What we offer:
- Our local and diverse community of 50 people in Finland, which includes experts in data, software development, design and strategy work.
- Social responsibility, inclusiveness, diversity and equality are at the center of our culture. In 2022, we achieved our significant global DEI goal as women and under-represented minority groups (e.g. ethnicity, religion, neurodiversity) account for 40% of our Thoughtworkers world-wide.
- With us, you can work from our Helsinki office, remotely, or mix both styles. Most of your future colleagues work in the office for part of the week.
- The opportunity to work in international projects in collaboration with Thoughtworks people around the world.
- Our benefits include, for example, work tools of your choice and phone benefits, culture and wellness benefits, extensive health care covering also leisure activities and a mental well-being service (Auntie).
- Remote work from the country of your choice, including a 30-day option to work remotely from another country.
- International career and educational opportunities. For example, you can work for 6-24 months from another of our Thoughtworks locations, or move permanently to work in another Thoughtworks country. How does a 1 year work assignment in New York or Sydney sound? Or a permanent transfer to Amsterdam?
To succeed in this position you would need:
- Experience in solving business problems with design thinking methodologies and credentials in succeeding with measurable results
- Holistic design skills ranging from service design to UX/UI design details
- The ability to empathize and facilitate clients to reveal their operational challenges and find new business opportunities mainly in technology intense environments
- To interface with clients in a visual and communicative way through workshops, mock-ups/prototyping, testing and iteration and other tools of your choice
- The ability to help in different stages of sales like pitching, workshop and closing and most importantly spreading design thinking
- Motivation to work directly with clients from C-level to business product teams
- Be creative and visual yet structured thinker with a keen interest in solving business challenges from strategic development and creative R&D to operational improvement
- Have a curious mind that seeks alternative ways to problem solving and has ability to co-create solutions in diverse teams
- The ability to communicate with our international clients in English but also with our local clients in Finnish
We're a global software consultancy with an aim to deliver extraordinary impact through technology. Our mission is to create a positive impact on the world through the client work we do, by revolutionising the industry and by building an organisation and culture that is diverse and inclusive by nature. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Sounds pretty good?
Please submit your CV and portfolio through our recruitment system and we will get back to you soon as possible. We have an a amazing team of talented professionals and luckily you get to meet some of them during the recruitment process:
Recruiter screen: You will meet our recruiter Memmu Mazengo
1st interview: Get to know the team! Experienced designer and team lead Niina Tuikka
2nd interview: Deep dive into your skillset and our ways of working with our Experienced designer Lasse Tammilehto and Ossi Syd/Patric Kuster from our business unit.
3rd Interview: Closing interview with the team lead
We look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.