Business Development Managers at Thoughtworks are responsible for developing and securing a pipeline of new opportunities and establishing strong 'Value' based relationships with our clients, pursuing a consultative sales approach among C-level executives of large international companies. Thoughtworks Spain is searching for an experienced BDM to join our Demand team and help us meet our ambitious growth goals in 2023.
Thoughtworks is at a tremendously exciting point in its 29 year history as a digital pure play services company of continuous growth. In Spain we grew to about 430 people since we opened at the end of 2016, and we have ambitious plans to keep growing our local business on the back of being a preferred digital transformation partner to clients in both the private and public sectors. Thoughtworks Modern Digital Business framework and the global organization continue the expansion of the range of services and capabilities we are able to offer our clients and that we want to bring to the Spanish market.
This is a strategic commercial role with ownership of the end-to-end sales process to attract and on-board new strategic clients, and for driving plans on how to undertake demand generation within this domain. Whilst this role is critical to our plans, we value the right attitude and potential over experience.
We have found that sales leaders who possess a good understanding of the key aspects of agile and the latest digital capabilities, and work well in a more horizontal and high-autonomy environment, can often navigate our organization ethos more adeptly than traditional sales leaders. With this in mind Thoughtworks are seeking a broad range of key skill sets to match the very interesting proposition we are working towards.
- You have a relevant and current knowledge of the Spanish market situation and are technically astute in the latest trends and practices to influence strategic decisions
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience defining and executing new business growth strategies and pipelines for premium, not commoditized, services at executive level
- You have a proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined process, generating deals in excess of 3-10mil (Euro) of new business per annum
- You are well versed in agile and lean practices and programmes, and are able to demonstrate understanding of how these software development delivery projects are executed
- It is a plus if you can bring in a broad network of financial services industry contacts to improve and strengthen Thoughtworks’ presence in the market
- You have a native-level command of Spanish and are fluent in English (our internal working language)
- You're able to balance strategy and execution, while crafting visions and taking a progressive stance on agendas that drive change.
- Hunger and desire to exceed target goals
- You have a strong ability to negotiate and persuade C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level.
- You are a natural consultant, you're solutions-oriented and influence decisions by bringing in relevant industry trends and client stories
- You are flexible and open to city and regional travel to meet teams and clients (30%).
- You are primarily based in Madrid.
If you have most but not all of the skills we ask for, don’t worry! You don't have to check all the boxes. Feel free to apply!
Learning & Development (L&D)
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
We offer thoughtful, well-rounded benefits to support your personal and professional development goals and your health and well being. Benefits packages are periodically reviewed to provide the best work experience, ensuring everyone is supported on their journey with us.
Some of the perks you will enjoy while working with us are:
- Enjoy a flexible benefits budget (restaurants/public transport/nursery/health insurance)
- Keep growing thanks to Learning budget
- Enjoy 2 days extra days off per year for learning
- Unlimited Business Udemy access to learn
- Brush up your English, Spanish, Catalan thanks to free online classes
- Take care of your mental well-being thanks to ifeel app
- Get a work from home budget
- Team outing budget
- Business trips will be stress free thanks to travel insurance
- Enjoy working in an international, diverse and inclusive environment
Our contribution to the Tech community
Our job is to foster a vibrant community where technologists from all walks of life come together to build solutions that look past the obvious. One of the ways we do this is through digital publications, books and tools, such as the Technology Radar, Perspectives or Looking Glass. Here are some of the most famous books written by our colleagues.
Date Posted: 01-16-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and it's one of our core values. Here at Thoguhtworks, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.