In this role, you'll be part of the Enterprise Risk Management Core Team. A cross-functional team leading the efforts on structure and mature Thoughtworks Enterprise Risk Management framework.
You'll be the main analyst to support our Enterprise Risk Committee, and Risk Owners on all the phases of our ERM framework, from risk assessment (understanding root causes, impact and likelihood), to monitoring and reporting on the progress of mitigation efforts. You'll be part of a small team of folks from areas like Compliance and Information Security to collaborate on running and improving the ERM framework.
At Thoughtworks we are committed to creating meaningful and challenging career paths for our people.
- Facilitate focused risk assessments activities and root cause analysis to support the ERM Risk Committee and risk owner to narrow the scope of specific risk considering Thoughtworks context.
- Support risk owners with consistent reporting on the progress of mitigation actions.
- Support the risk committee on continuous monitoring of emerging risks and reassessing current risks to keep up with fast-paced and ever evolving business.
- Facilitate Risk Committee meetings, and provide advice to enable the committee to make informed risk management decisions.
- Identify opportunities to improve risk posture, helping responsible teams to develop solutions for remediating or mitigating risks and assessing the residual risk.
- Maintains strong working relationships with individuals and groups involved in managing information risks across the organization
- Experience in a risk management and/or IT audit role
- Ability to identify and assess the severity and potential impact of risks. Communicate risk assessment findings to risk owners in different functions in a way that consistently drives objective, fact-based decisions about risk that optimize the trade-off between risk mitigation and business performance
- An understanding of organizational mission, values, goals and consistent application of this knowledge
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
Desired, but not required:
- Experience in information security, especially in an information risk analysis role
- Experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (e.g., International Organization for Standardization [IS0] 27000, COBIT, National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] 800)
- Autonomy to drive discussions and facilitate meetings about risk with senior stakeholders
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans or behaviors
- Excellent prioritization capabilities, alongside working with autonomy, with an aptitude for breaking down work into manageable parts, effectively assessing the priority and time required to complete each part
- Highly motivated, organised and energetic self-starter, who is able to work autonomously as well as with a team
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes with tight deadlines and on multiple projects at a time
- Attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Work, passion, or insights in the technology / digital industry
- Excellent communication skills
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.