We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals with more than 25 years of experience working with the world’s leading enterprises to solve their most complex problems. As one of the original pioneers of agile delivery, Thoughtworks helps organizations successfully accomplish digital transformations and IT modernizations with industry leading expertise in digital strategy and operations; data strategy, engineering and analytics; enterprise modernization, platforms and cloud; and customer experience, product and design.
Thoughtworks is searching for a Business Development Executive to join our growing Federal Practice with responsibility for growing our Federal Health portfolio. The Thoughtworks Federal Health BDE is responsible for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities with Health and Human Services, CMS, FDA, and NIH. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices, including business development, pipeline development, client management, and proposal development responsibilities. In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to create order out of chaos, be flexible and adaptable in your approach, and able to balance the need for structure and guidelines with the need to be creative and progressive.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Identify, qualify, lead, and win new contracts for meaningful engagements to support agencies and organizations within the Federal Health domain.
- Maintaining a pipeline portfolio of approximately $100M at all times.
- Creating and leading client-focused and client-facing activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings designed to win new contracts.
- Collaborating with the Solution Lead/Architect to develop the technical solution and all related demonstrations that are presented to the prospective client.
- Working with marketing to develop thought leadership, campaigns, or social media activity to advance business development objectives.
- Lead the development of RFx responses, serving as a key contributor to and reviewer of proposals, in collaboration with the Head of Growth and relevant Account Teams.
- Actively engage in the customer and partner ecosystem and represent Thoughtworks in the business community at industry and client events.
- Educate potential government customers, industry partners, and internal team members on the Thoughtworks value proposition.
- Understand and utilize market trends, mission priorities, and customer goals to envision, shape, and close new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain highly effective relationships with the Government executives, Program Managers, contract management offices and industry partners that drive growth.
What to expect:
- Successfully convert new target accounts, creating the foundation for long-term, value-based relationships. Success is nurturing and the sale of win-win value propositions and nurturing executive relationships for continuing business.
- Ensure the creation and execution of pursuit strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and at individual levels with clients
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding Thoughtworks engagement to encompass the breadth and depth of our capabilities, including where appropriate, our world-leading Global Delivery centers.
- Recognize that our people and our clients are at the center of everything we do
- Leverage your own and TW-provided market research to identify, build a business case for and present your pursuit targets
- Leverage available tools, events and marketing support to develop pitches, proposals, presentations, etc for target accounts
- Approach business development as a team sport fueled by a commitment to continuous learning.
- Be a role model of our cultural values, protecting our uniqueness while helping TW evolve.
- Create an environment of trust that enables teams to work effectively and to collaborate within their team and with others. Foster a strong sense of inclusivity, making it possible for everyone to achieve their goals.
- Drive towards impactful business outcomes, setting clear expectations and providing space for creativity. Achieve results through leveraged leadership. Inspire and recognize teams to achieve sustained, tangible progress, & impactful objectives, while holding both yourself & others accountable
What you’ll bring:
- A wide and well-established network of relationships across the Federal health client community that is based upon a track record of trust, contract wins, and valued results for the client.
- Technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- Strong customer value orientation - you want your clients to succeed with their objectives
- The expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services.
- A proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined, collaborative, and transparent sales process.
- Demonstrable track record of generating and closing deals in excess of $20-50M as both a prime and as a significant teaming partner.
- Comfortability and experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level, using a consultative selling approach to maximize the customer outcomes
- An entrepreneurial drive that ensures you will be able to rally other TWers around necessary activities and be willing to roll up your sleeves with artifact creation.
- An understanding of the diversity of federal health beneficiaries, their health care needs, and best practices for ensuring equitable access to care and other federal health benefits.
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks
, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities"
to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.