Are you able to simultaneously see the big picture while understanding the minutiae of a project? Do you excel when you need to switch between business and technical context?
Our Product Managers lead the ideation and delivery of some of the best digital products in the market today. They help orchestrate business strategy, design and technology disciplines to drive solutions for our clients that provide significant business results through delivering highly effective customer engagement. Thoughtworks Product Managers work with some of the most senior-level executives at our clients to drive alignment around the solutions we build and the value they deliver.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Understand a client’s business problems in order to build, maintain, and evolve product roadmaps to generate impactful solutions
- Assure effective collaboration between Thoughtworks’ and the client’s teams, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- You will analyse the as-is situation and collaborate with clients to create artefacts (personas, epics, stories, etc.) to maximise value
- You will facilitate analysis workshops through “innovation games” with senior client stakeholders to outline business vision, objective, product roadmap and a project release plan
- You will help companies from a variety of industries achieve true, differentiating outcomes and engage with and influence senior business stakeholders on the client side
- You will be an effective liaison between the client and a team, your team will consist of SMEs, C-suite executives, developers, quality analysts, tech architects, user experience designers, project managers, etc to manage the product backlog and keep an eye on the software delivery
- You will conduct workshops and work on custom software teams helping to disrupt industries
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organisational transformations for medium- and large-scale businesses
- You will be involved in the Analyst community to share knowledge, mentor and evangelise Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a track record of delivering impactful software, ideally on a collaborative software delivery team
- You have attention to detail, a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery, and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team’s outcomes
- An interest in coaching others and experience leading a team, sharing your experience and knowledge with teammates
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You are well versed with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery methodologies and love to mentor others
- You understand how businesses operate and have experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques to facilitate requirement elicitation sessions
- You design and facilitate workshops with business stakeholders to outline the business vision, objective, product roadmap and a project release plan
- You have a knack for prioritisation, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You’re resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from technical and business perspectives
- You are well-versed with tech trends and can relate them to real-world business challenges at a program or project level
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As Thoughtworkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What's on offer
All Thoughtworkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books.
Other benefits include a large network of mentors and coaches, generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, a monthly health and wellness allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches.
If you’re ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now!