Do you enjoy designing and building systems that use data to solve real world problems?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could create and contribute to a bank's data strategy, build an intelligent forecasting product for a giant retailer, or modernise their data platforms using event streaming and data mesh. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organisational review, helping them to understand the potential that data brings to solve their most pressing problems. On other projects, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new product. It could also be a delivery project where you're equally happy coding and tech-leading the team to implement the solution.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Consult on complex data platform programs, synchronising cross-cutting architectural concerns, and providing client-facing technical leadership and guidance as a Data Subject Matter Expert
- Bring your breadth and depth of expertise in data architecture, engineering and analytics to advise our clients on how to bring their data strategy to life
- Lead large programs of work, handling stakeholders and client executives, managing the complex data platform programs with multiple work streams
- Develop and operate modern data architectures to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions
- Productionise machine learning models
- Advise and educate clients on how to use different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available
- Partner with data engineers to create scalable data processing pipelines
- Collaborate with Data Scientists in order to design scalable implementations of their models
- Have the hands on ability to pair & mentor others in writing clean and maintainable code using techniques like TDD
- Leverage various continuous delivery practices to deploy, support and operate data pipelines
- Create data models and speak to the tradeoffs of different modelling approaches
- Seamlessly incorporate data quality into your day-to-day work as well as into the delivery process
We recognise the below is a long list - it’s created to be inclusive of the many & not exclusive to the few who may have done it all (if that unicorn is out there!)
If you feel you align to some of the below or feel you have relevant experience that would mean you can play this role we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You will be a technical data platform expert who can provide advisory and consultative guidance for our clients as well as for Thoughtworks teams
- Track record of innovation and expertise in: data architectures, technology alternatives, data strategy, data governance, data security, master data management, metadata management, and other ancillary data concerns
- Expertise in data driven solutions utilizing current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs
- Experience using Domain-Driven Design for enterprise organizations with complex domains, helping distill and design systems that evolve with them
- Experience developing real-time and low-latency data streaming solutions leveraging leading technologies and industry practices (Cloud and locally hosted)
- History ensuring proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- Experience productionising machine learning models
- You’re the type of person who is equally happy coding and leading a team to implement a solution
- You have a deep understanding of data modelling and experience with data engineering tools and platforms such as Kafka, Spark, and Hadoop
- You are comfortable taking data-driven approaches and applying data security strategy to solve business problems
- You’re genuinely excited about data infrastructure and operations with a familiarity working in cloud environments
- Working with data excites you: you have created Big data architecture, you can build and operate data pipelines, and maintain data storage, all within distributed systems
- Advocate your data expertise to the broader tech community outside of Thoughtworks, speaking at conferences and acting as a mentor for more junior colleagues
- Assure effective collaboration between Thoughtworks’ and the client’s teams, encouraging open communication and advocating for shared outcomes
- Passion to continuously learn about new technologies and techniques in Data and AI/ML
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call Thoughtworks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!