Client Principals are the trusted partner of existing Thoughtworks clients, supporting them in their business transformation journey through a technology-centric approach.
They’re also an extension of delivery teams, ensuring that both business and technology groups are aligned. By staying continuously connected with a customer’s business and technology strategy and our offerings, they drive customer growth while positioning Thoughtworks as trusted industry leaders.
- Achieve established revenue targets, forecast and manage sales, revenue and margins from customers across different sectors
- You will establish, grow and nurture long-term, value-based relationships with a growing number of senior client stakeholders,
- You will partner closely with technical leaders to support the delivery team, ensuring they have what they need to be successful.
- You will engage in consultative business development, growing relationships both across different sector accounts.
- Approach client executives as true business partners, expanding the company’s breadth and depth to its full potential.
- You will take a consultative approach to working with our clients’ C-level executives and other stakeholders to achieve their business goals and redefine their industries
- Help develop a range of IP and best practices around client and portfolio development to build the client base into a significant strategic asset.
- By understanding a client’s strategy inside out, you will identify opportunities to improve the partnership and increase revenue throughout the duration of the partnership
- You will be responsible for complex negotiations and resolve conflicts
- Maintain a watchful eye on how Thoughtworks’ executes engagements and take a proactive approach to mitigating potential risks before they arise
- Stay current with Thoughtworks’ business strategy and IT goalsJob qualifications
- You have experience in executive revenue-generating roles and bring comprehensive business acumen to your account strategies for different sector clients, cultivating ‘win-win’ value propositions at both company and individual levels
- You understand agile custom software delivery and can motivate tech teams with creativity and enthusiasm
- Bonus points if you are well versed in agile delivery best practices
- A forward-thinking mindset - you infuse thought leadership and innovation into how you partner with a client A natural consultant, you’re solutions-oriented and influence decisions by bringing in relevant industry trends and client stories
- You’re able to balance strategy and execution, while crafting visions and taking a progressive stance on agendas that drive change
- You’re comfortable interfacing with C-suite on their strategy, ensuring that we’re delivering the expected outcomes while staying a step ahead to propose new solutions that may increase revenue
- Taking abstract, technical or strategic concepts and translating them into actionable ideas comes naturally for you
- You thrive in a collaborative, flat environment that values transparency, openness, feedback and change
- You don’t shy away from negotiation -- you see it as an opportunity to establish credibility and a positive rapport with the client
Other things to know
There is no single career path that fits everyone at Thoughtworks: how you want to develop your career is completely up to you. But we balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. That means your career is supported by interactive tools, a variety of development programs, and many colleagues who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and this extends to empowering our female employees on their career journeys.
Date Posted: 06-08-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.