We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change around the world.
Thoughtworks is searching for a Business Development Manager to support our growing clients in North America for the Healthcare and Life Sciences marketplace. Business Development Managers at Thoughtworks are responsible for developing and securing a pipeline of new opportunities and establishing an early relationship with the client. This role will have the opportunity to be part of building the Healthcare and Life Sciences Vertical, and will therefore also have the opportunity to own a portfolio of HCLS clients to grow or maintain focus on establishing new relationships to bring into the portfolio.
- Develop a territory plan and a pipeline of new clients and client engagements.
- Successfully convert new target accounts, creating the foundation for long-term, value-based relationships. Success is nurturing and sale of win-win value propositions and nurturing executive relationships for continuing business.
- Ensure the creation and execution of pursuit strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and individual levels with clients.
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding Thoughtworks engagement to encompass the breadth and depth of our capabilities, including where appropriate, our world-leading Global Delivery centers.
- Recognize that our people and our clients are at the center of everything we do.
- Technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- Strong customer value orientation - you want your clients to succeed with their objectives.
- A sales gene! Demonstrable track record exceeding annual quotas and generating revenue in amounts of $10M and upwards.
- Experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level, using a consultative selling approach to maximize the customer outcomes.
- Experience selling solutions and services (within the Healthcare and Life Sciences industry is a plus!)
Other things to know
Learning and Development
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
$180,000 - $220,000 + Uncapped Commission
The annual salary range posted is subject to many factors and may vary depending on experience, geographic location, job responsibilities, performance, skills and/or training.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
City: Dallas, Texas
Date Posted: 02-24-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.