ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Global Digital Operations is looking for a Tech SME who will be part of the Global Digital Operations core team based out of India and work with all Business Units and Markets across regions.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Understand the client tech challenges in operations(in production) that are aligned to your market/clients and provide tech solutions to address them.
- Technical leadership in crafting a futuristic tech solution and narrative for incoming RFIs, RFPs and Proactive Pursuits and crafting tech value propositions that have significant business value for post production activities.
- Able to propose forward looking systems for optimisation, integration into legacy systems.
- Able to conduct workshops on DO, SR, SLOs/SLIs/SLAs and Assessments on operational efficiency.
- Ability to commercially guide proposals.
- Mentor and grow the next layer of technical leadership.
- Evangelize and Socialize solutions with clients and sales and delivery teams.
- New pursuits -- Work with the Client partners and pods to shape the engagement, from a technology standpoint, as required.
- Engage with clients via Assessment propositions.
- Ability to work with Project managers, Technologists and BAs towards effort estimation and release planning.
- At least 10+ years experience in working on tech solutions and creating proposals.
- At least 5-8 years of hands-on coding and delivery experience
- Primary competency in supporting multiple clients post-production
- Proficiency in multiple cloud platforms and latest technologies
- Understanding of the challenges in post-production activities and strong viewpoints on improving them
In this role you will:
As part of Global Digital Operations core team, you will be involved in
- Work with all BUs across TW regions.
- Own various Service Line initiatives and drive them to closure.
- Evolve existing offerings based on the market trend.
- Shape up the new offerings if need be by doing appropriate research.
- Work with other functions like recruitment, capability as and when required.