Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day. Working with us you'll get to:
- Join a global technology consultancy that wants to change the world
- Introduce, use and grow agile development practices on a project, including continuous integration (Go, Jenkins etc) and behavior or test driven development practices (TDD)
- Work on custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use the very latest technologies to build scalable and critical systems
- Contribute and collaborate throughout the software development life cycle
- Coach, mentor and generally spread the word about best practices in software development inside and outside ThoughtWorks community
- Be part of an open and non-hierarchical environment where everyone is expected to speak up and collaborate in project and organizational directions
- Work with an amazingly talented and diverse bunch of people from all around the world
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passionate programmers with expertise in developing native applications on iOS and/or Android
- Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
- Experience crafting automated unit, integration, functional, and regression tests for iOS and/or Android
- Experience developing cross-platform applications
- People who have experience and understanding of a variety of mobile platforms and tool-sets
- People who have the ability to judge and recommend appropriate platform choices given context about a particular application
- Have been through the entire lifecycle i.e. from conceptualisation, development to deployment of mobile apps
- Passion for writing clean code, object oriented code.
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Familiarity with multiple programming paradigms and be open to learning new ones
- People who love collaboration and working with clients
- Developers who want to be part of a progressive, fast paced, agile environment
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer sites, so candidates should be flexible and open to travel within Bangkok, and occasionally regionally.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).