What happens when you have fascinating clients with challenging problems on the one hand and passionate software developers looking to build future-focused solutions on the other? This in-between is where Business Analysts reside, acting as a bridge between the client and team. You will establish the outcomes software must achieve, assess how it will be used, and then generate bold ideas with our developers to create custom applications. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time.
- Partner with teammates to understand and articulate a product vision for clients
- You will facilitate workshops that generate customized business solutions
- You will help companies from a variety of industries achieve true, differentiating outcomes
- You will assess the as-is situation and collaborate with clients to create artifacts (personas, epics, stories, etc.) to maximize value
- You will facilitate analysis workshops through “innovation games” with senior client stakeholders to outline a business vision, objective, product roadmap and project release plan
- You will liaise between the client and your team consisting of SMEs, C-suite executives, developers, quality analysts, tech architects, user experience designers, project managers, etc. to manage product backlogs and keep an eye on software delivery
- Collaborate with teammates on the analysis and design of complex business applications using the latest technologies
- You will be involved in the Analyst community to share knowledge, mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organizational transformations for medium- and large-scale businesses
- You have a track record of delivering impactful software, ideally on a collaborative software delivery team
- You have attention to detail, a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team’s outcomes
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You are well versed with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery methodologies and love to mentor others
- You understand how businesses operate and have experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques to facilitate requirement elicitation sessions
- You have a genuine passion for quality software and know how to get from sketch to code
- You have a knack for prioritization, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You’re resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and enjoy solving problems from technical and business perspectives
- An interest in coaching others, sharing your experience and knowledge with teammates
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks has a full time remote policy, which states that any Thoughtworker will be able to work from home indefinitely anywhere in Spain. Due to COVID-19 our offices in Barcelona and Madrid are partially open to provide support to employees who require more space and facilities than they have at home. Once this situation improves and following government's recommendations, our offices will be fully opened for anyone who might be interested in working from the offices. Please don't hesitate to speak with your recruiter about any requirements or concerns you may have.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. Over the last 25+ years, we've delivered extraordinary impact together with our clients by helping them solve complex business problems with technology as the differentiator. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries and deliver extraordinary impact together.