How would you make your mark if you knew you could influence beyond your current projects?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Lead Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. As a Lead Developer, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients in order to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and alongside your fellow teammates.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients’ problems while staying within constraints
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- Work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Utilize the latest technology thinking from our tech radar in your work
- Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside Developers; you will never go post-technical in this role
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- We would love if you’re up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.