- Own the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs and stay abreast of industry trends to continuously evolve our Compensation programs and framework.
- Partner with Finance and People leaders and act as a change agent, to drive and align to the compensation strategy and design compensation plans that drive behavior consistent with ThoughtWorks’ growth and strategic objectives, as well as our Performance Management programs.
- Drive the roadmap for the implementation of a job architecture that supports career progression and internal movement, sets clear job leveling criteria (support, professional and management job levels) and is supported by a process that is simple to understand, maintain and calibrate to market competitive salary ranges.
- Partner with the Head of People, CFO and CEO to support executive compensation, including preparation of materials for the Board of Directors.
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis into the compensation practices that enable better talent decision making.
- Help the enterprise transition from a Compensation focus to a Total Rewards focus, including progressively incorporating disparate benefit solutions into our Total Rewards framework.
- Ensure operational efficiency in order to scale the team’s impact; own and lead all system and process improvement initiatives related to compensation.
- Enable the regions to ensure all new variable compensation elements including equity sales incentive and variable pay plans are executed efficiently with maximum engagement.
- Partner with the GDPR compliance and Information Security teams to ensure best practices are in place and ensure compliance with applicable legislation
- 10-15+ years of experience leading and actively maturing the Total Rewards function for a publicly traded company, preferably in the Technology space.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Resources, business administration, economics, finance, or statistics. We will also consider candidates with equivalent experience in lieu of the degree.
- Strong experience in Executive compensation, LTI & STI programs, including preparation of materials to meet regulatory requirements for public companies with regards to Executive compensation.
- Experience in designing and deploying a solid Job Architecture framework, including all aspects of change management, technical elements of setting compensation ranges, and operationalizing the JA through our current HRIS.
- Experience working with different compensation frameworks from companies such as Mercer, WTW and Radford, and HRIS platforms (Workday strongly preferred)
- Proven experience in creating and managing innovative, compelling compensation and total rewards programs (ideally salaries, executive compensation, variable pay, equity, and sales incentives); skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on data and emerging priorities.
- Strong change management, stakeholder management and influencing skills, operating in a highly matrixed environment building long term partnerships with internal clients, yet balanced in maintaining consistency in TR practices
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; solid understanding of LTI & equity practices, accounting, taxation, etc.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions and ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to manage sensitive information
- Must be able to travel up to 10% for global meetings
Other things to know
There is no single career path that fits everyone at Thoughtworks: how you want to develop your career is completely up to you. But we balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. That means your career is supported by interactive tools, a variety of development programs, and many colleagues who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and this extends to empowering our female employees on their career journeys.
$175,000 - $200,000
The annual salary range posted is subject to many factors and may vary depending on experience, geographic location, job responsibilities, performance, skills and/or training.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.