ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented Data scientists passionate about building large scale Machine Learning Solutions to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
Education : MS or equivalent in Applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research background is a MUST. Minimum of 9 - 12 years of total experience and 5+ years as Data Scientist in real-time projects
- Passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data - characterized by high-volume, high dimensionality from multiple sources
- Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Experience with building predictive statistical, behavioral or other models via supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical analysis, and other predictive modeling techniques.
- Experience using R, Python or equivalent statistical/data analysis tools. Ability to transfer that knowledge to different tools
- Experience with matrices, distributions and probability
- Proficiency with relational databases and NoSQL
- Experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning solution,, Neural Networks and Natural language processing.
- Experience with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive etc. is a plus
- Experience in consulting skills
- Has worked in a big data environment before alongside a big data engineering team (and data visualization team, data and business analysts)
- Translate client's business requirements into a set of analytical models
- Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype the model(s)
- Work with the client's business users and/or data scientists to define and close on the model design
- Provide inputs to the data ingestion/engineering team on input data required by the model, size, format, associations, cleansing required
- Identify/Provide approach and data to validate the model(s)
- Collaborate with a technology/data engineering team to transfer the business understanding, get the model productionized and validate the output along with business users
- Tune the model(s) to improve results provided over time
- Understand business challenges and goals of a client to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Do hands-on data analysis and model creation and proactively mentor other team members
- Work in highly collaborative teams that strive to build quality systems and provide business value
- Work closely with clients, both in the Business Domain and with Technical staff members
- Have the opportunity to work in a number of different domains in a variety of different client environments
- Travel to work at client sites and other ThoughtWorks offices. This may include international travel
- Continually learn, mentor and develop your career
We are hiring in 3 cities in India - Bangalore, Gurgaon and Pune. If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you.
If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!