Do you feel at home when you’re building and nurturing relationships with your network, with the goal of forging key inter-organizational collaborations that result in long-lasting win-win partnerships that solve our clients’ most complex business problems?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Channels & Partnerships Managers are indispensable members of the sales team in ThoughtWorks. When performing their role correctly, they define the partner and partner go-to-market strategy aligned to business goals. As the owner of the relationship, they are able to define clear measures of success with each partner and work with the relevant functions internally to deliver results.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Achieve established revenue targets, forecast and manage sales, revenue and margins at existing customers
- Articulate ThoughtWorks’ unique position in the market and business value so our partners engage us to work on the leads that fit just right.
- You will establish, grow and nurture long-term, value-based relationships with a growing number of partner stakeholders, focusing on 1-3 partners at a time
- You will have to closely work with ThoughtWorks Client Principals and Business Development Managers ensuring partners are involved in the appropriate accounts.
- You will engage in consultative business development, growing relationships both vertically as well as horizontally
- You will define the partnership strategy as a whole, including mapping out the strategy and owning the Go-To-Market plan with each partner.
- You will spend time collaborating closely with colleagues in internal demand, pre-sales, marketing teams to execute your defined strategy.
- Stay current with ThoughtWorks’ evolving business strategy and technology leadership goals
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have experience in revenue-generating roles and bring comprehensive business acumen to your account strategies, cultivating ‘win-win’ value propositions at both company and individual levels
- You understand agile custom software delivery and can motivate tech teams with creativity and enthusiasm
- A forward-thinking mindset - - you infuse thought leadership and innovation into how you foster collaborations that can accelerate and multiply our impact with our potential partners
- You understand the value of on-premise and cloud IT solutions, and the value in making the journey from the former to the latter
- A natural consultant, you’re solutions-oriented and influence decisions by bringing in relevant industry trends and client stories
- You’re able to balance strategy and execution, while crafting visions and taking a progressive stance on agendas that drive change
- You don’t shy away from negotiation -- you see it as an opportunity to establish credibility and a positive rapport with with clients and partners alike
- You thrive in a collaborative and non-hierarchical environment and are nimble in ambiguous situations
- Bonus points if you are well versed in agile delivery best practices
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).
At ThoughtWorks, we’re committed to fostering an inclusive community for all technologists. Help us achieve a more balanced workplace by anonymously answering a couple of demographic questions when you apply.