Do you have the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in our Brisbane office - to be the go-to person to get things done, be a key driver behind the culture and bring our community together? We are looking for the person who can take over the reins but also bring their own brand of creativity to our business for this 12-month Maternity contract (ideally commencing early March).
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Brisbane office as well as supporting the Australian Operations team (including Marketing, Recruitment, Finance and People Support).
No two days will be the same; you will be self-motivated and proactive to do whatever it takes to make the office a fun, safe and exciting place to be. Being able to work autonomously and the ability to build relationships and rapport with people from various functions is what would make you a great fit for this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ordering office, kitchen and stationery supplies, as well as the monthly team Friday lunch
- Managing external relationships with vendors, suppliers and building management
- Assisting with and coordinating with internal and external events such as team catch-ups and external Meetups.
- Support person to the Marketing Team; assist with internal events, external Brisbane events and conferences.
- Responsible for organizing and executing the 6-weekly ‘By TW’ Tech Talk Meetups
- Managing the budget for office costs, including using the procurement system
- Account Management Support to the Sales Team for large Brisbane-based projects
- Assisting the People Team with the monthly new hire inductions
- Office upkeep/maintenance, Covid-safety measures, security, health and safety
- Keeping the office and meeting rooms tidy
- IT support - office systems and allocation of laptops/equipment
- Large event management - Yearly all-hands meeting, local team building days, end of year events
- Other activities related to supporting the efficient operation of the office as necessary
You’ll bring the following:
- Strong computer literacy (GSuite and Mac)
- A fun flair and outstanding customer service mindset
- Ability to multitask and to manage your time efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Being proactive about helping the business where needed
- Global spirit. You have worked with people from all different cultures and are keen to work with ThoughtWorkers from all over the world
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency in Google Sheets/Excel
We know that this sounds exhausting, but your energy and positive spirit means that you can handle all of the things that happen in a busy office. We’ll keep you busy, but we’ll also make sure you enjoy working with us. You’ll have all the free snacks you can handle, an active social club and you’ll get to work with some great people.
If you're the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with, we’d love to hear from you.