Atlanta, Georgia, USA
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We are looking for a creative B2B content marketer that is passionate about the world of tech. You bring critical thinking to every aspect of your work and are not afraid to voice your unique point of view. You’re a strategic thinker who enjoys using your creative mind to craft persuasive messages that resonate with technology and business leaders. You’re a stellar communicator who enjoys writing, presenting and guiding conversations.
The North America (NA) Content Marketing Lead, is a strategic role that aims to reach and engage our executive audience, as well as help ThoughtWorkers consistently articulate the value of ThoughtWorks. The person for the job is great with words, but not just those. You also like to get the message across with images and videos - whatever it takes! You will be a key member of our North America Marketing team and report to the Head of North America Marketing.
- Use audience insights, personas, keyword research, messaging themes, campaign plans, competitive information, and content performance analytics to build a content marketing strategy and editorial calendar, and create related content
- Create a steady stream of primary and derivative assets that can be leveraged across various channels and use cases — for example, a research report complemented by an infographic, blog post, video, executive summary, and webinar
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional participants (e.g., service line marketing, digital marketing, demand, subject matter experts, agencies) as needed to support content ideation, creation, activation, and measurement requirements
- Publish and activate content within a web content management system or other tools
- Contribute to SEO and search engine marketing initiatives with keyword optimization, content tagging, and metadata management
- Collaborate with other functions to gather the information needed to optimize content asset creation, performance, and measurement
- Implement, support, and evangelize content marketing best practices
- Collaborate with marketing program owners, and/or campaign managers to integrate and repurpose content marketing and campaign content where appropriate
- Collect, analyze, and report on content marketing success via standard content marketing KPIs using web analytics tools, marketing automation platforms, social media management tools, content marketing software, and business intelligence platforms to inform and optimize ongoing efforts
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new business domain knowledge to content strategy and asset creation
- Ability to understand, digest, and distill complex concepts for mass consumption via engaging content
- Excellent research and interviewing skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Sensibility for design and video/multimedia
- Keyword research skills and basic technical SEO knowledge
- Ability to work in a web content management system
- Ability to tag and link content for SEO
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, collaboration and consensus-building skills — ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proofreading and copyediting skills for brand voice, style, grammar and punctuation
- Minimum 5 - 7 years B2B experience, preferably in the technology sector
- Journalistic or content/marketing experience
- Copywriting experience
- Experience working with commercial teams
- An eye for great writing and editing. Jargon is your kryptonite.
- Experience developing and implementing impactful content plans
- Understanding of paid media tools as key vehicles for content distribution: especially LinkedIn and Twitter
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.