Do you want to help business and technology executives build modern digital businesses ?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
What will you do?
- Creation of strategies and plans that define how technology should be utilized to enable an organization's overall business strategy.
- Apply knowledge of best practices to define how technology will shape the overall strategy, governance, organization structure/staffing, architecture and processes to maximize the impact of technology for clients.
- Share knowledge of evolving trends in technology strategy and management and apply those to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for the organization.
- Maximize business value by conducting rigorous analyses and developing strategic multi-year road maps in concert with client IT leaders and business teams.
- Shape how technology teams need to operate to achieve stakeholder objectives and workforce talent strategy
- Developing the foundation for business and technology capabilities and execution improvement
- Drive IT transformation efforts; own/shape the move toward an agile, operating model
- Executes a governance process to provide corporate executive leadership with visibility into program performance and decision making ability
- Perspective on managing the financial health of IT programs and projects and the IT financial management and budget process
Skills / Knowledge you will need to have
- Strategy, architecture (business, data, digital, information systems, infrastructure) and/or delivery functions driving digital transformation and data strategy leveraging emerging technologies and cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google)
- Experience in IT Value Strategy, Technology Innovation and Ecosystems, IT Operating Model, Enterprise Architecture Strategy
- Experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation recommendations
- Ability to lead the planning, organizing and facilitation of executive-level strategic or IT planning workshops and ability to orchestrate emerging technologies to client services and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially in facilitation, stakeholder influence, and negotiations