Recife , Brasil
ThoughtWorks' purpose is to create an extraordinary impact on the world through our culture and technology excellence.We’re a global software consultancy solving complex problems with technology. We connect strategy and execution, helping our clients to strengthen their core technology, scale with flexibility and create seamless digital experiences. We partner with our clients to continuously evolve their tech and enable an adaptive mindset to meet their business goals.
We are looking for a network engineer on a globally distributed team. This position will be responsible for office network switches, firewalls, VOIP phone systems, ISPs, and WiFi. The role includes new office network build outs as well as existing office network support and maintenance. This person must also manage VM-Series firewalls in Amazon Web Services and an IPSec VPN network. Must have experience or understanding of cloud based networking. Experience with Palo Alto next-generation firewall appliances and Juniper switches is a plus. Occasional travel and after-hour work is required. English speaking is required.
The candidate should have extensive experience with:
- Configuring and installing switches, firewalls and WiFi APs.
- Configuring ACL, NAT, QOS, DNS, and VTP using CLI and GUI.
- Configuring and troubleshooting IPSec VPN tunnels and client VPN.
- Performing network hardware and software upgrades.
- Investigating and resolving network security issues.
- Utilizing network monitoring systems and logs to troubleshoot issues.
- Ordering, implementing, and maintaining office ISPs.
- Troubleshooting and supporting remote networks.
- Working with clients and internal users.
- Getting vendor quotes and budgetary pricing.
- Researching and evaluating new network technologies.
- Creating and maintaining network documentation.
- Sharing technical knowledge with other members of the network team.