Can you create great visual experiences that are refined pieces of digital art, delightful, to the point, trendy and yet pushing the boundaries?
Can you conceptualize, create and produce designs that users will fall in love with?
If yes and if you’re really bright, passionate about world-changing software and want to do something amazing, join us at ThoughtWorks.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passion for visual design: You know the difference between "good" and "great". You worry about the colors that are used in a random billboard. You itch to move those elements by a couple of pixels so that it aligns in the websites you are browsing! You are furious about the inappropriate types used on the home page of a website that you are just browsing…
- Understand Colors, Layouts, and Type: You understand colors well. You can tell what color will work with what in a moment. You can tell what should be placed where; you know which type to use when and how.
- Understand requirements and constraints: You can work with business and technology teams to understand the business requirement, technology constraints and recast those into a design brief and goal.
- Work in teams: You work best in a participatory, agile, lean, team. You are able work with interaction designers, researchers and front-end developers to arrive at a common goal. You inspire the team through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of visual deliverables.
- Prototype: You understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You can prototype and support prototyping as an activity using some tool of your choice, evaluate and pivot based on feedback.
- Communicate: You have strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills. You can articulate your design as stories that can make everyone sit up and listen. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Run design processes: Not only can you identify and evangelize best practices, but also you’re able to push boundaries and explore new territory.
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and using your visuals to communicate that complexity in simple ways. You can think from 50000 ft – you can see the various pieces and see how they can potentially fit. And can descend to ground and solve the problem.
- Mentor: You mentor and inspire other designers and design enthusiasts
- Thought leadership: You have recognized your own strength either in business domains or in design techniques and concepts. You have developed them to the point of expertise and able to present it, write about it or talk about it in professional meet ups, seminars and conferences.
- Consult: You have a point of view and present it like a pro. You communicate your creative voice in a business setting. You can debate and you should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
Additional Skills Required
Graphic Design tools across a variety of media and channels – Primarily Adobe suite of products
If you are still with us, we’d love to hear from you. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and of course send us a link to your work.