Do you want to implement future-focused solutions for our clients' most complex problems?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will champion best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will partner with other technologists from cross-functional teams advocating DevOps culture
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables, always pushing the envelope in order to deliver awesome results for our clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
Here's what we're looking for:
- You can write clean, high-quality code in a variety of languages and are also able to spot (and improve) bad code
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have experience with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration (CI), Test-Driven Development (TDD), Infrastructure as Code etc.
- You are familiar with few databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc.
It'll be a bonus if you have knowledge of:
- Cloud technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- TeamCity and GitLab pipelines including Pipeline as Code
- Elasticsearch, Hazelcast
- Mobile tech (iOS & Android)
If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, please apply online and refer here to know more about our interview process. We want to hear from you!
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).