Head of Design (m/f/d)
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
You are responsible for setting the Design standards and strategic focus of all German offices and are accountable for building and Leading a Design team capable of achieving market leadership for its clients, office profitability and brand differentiation. You serve as the Design spokesperson for Germany. They will have the ability to communicate the brand, design and business philosophy, methodology and capabilities throughout ThoughtWorks and to clients, media, opinion shapers, and Design professionals.
As a Head of Design (m/f/d) at ThoughtWorks you can:
- Raise the profile and reputation for our Design credentials by creating relationships with partners, the press and Design establishments
- Cultivate and inspire a team of Design Leaders who possess the aspiration, intellect, and Design talent capable of inventing the digital future
- Be responsible for working with staffing to assign the appropriate person for a project
- Driving change to build a culture and capabilities inside the whole ThoughtWorks technologist company that unleashes the power of design and product
- Inspiring clients and team members and provide Design leadership across the region
- Partner with country leadership teams to become indispensable to key clients and play an active role in the regional leadership teams
- Be responsible for influential work that inspires change in line with evolving consumer behaviour through ideas, creativity and the use of innovative processes, methodologies and tools
Here's what you'll bring:
- Several years of experience in serving, leading and developing a high performing Design community
- Proven successful record of making intuitive decisions in order to deliver better margins and profit for the company
- The ability to address systemic issues in improving and developing technologists' ways of working and drive culture towards becoming more customer-centric
- Experience contributing to the company’s strategic development, identifying opportunities for change or improvement to existing service offerings, processes, resources and tools and defining specific actions to deliver change or improvement
- Leading and co-creating multiple Design pitches across a variety of verticals
- You are a frequent speaker and contributor to marketing press and speaking events
And this is what you can expect:
- ThoughtWorks offers centrally located office spaces which enables agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair.
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance.
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices.
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office.
- Besides our famous Annual Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get-togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events.
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. ThoughtWorks supports you in writing articles, doing meetups or speaking on conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!