ThoughtWorks is looking for experienced developers to share their craft with our clients in Sydney.
Being a consultancy, our teams work on a huge variety of projects. You could be helping to influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, building a new mobile platform for a bank, creating an app to support an awareness campaign for Indigenous Australians or helping the science community locate meteorites that have fallen to earth.
Examples of some of our current projects:
- Mobile applications including native Android and iOS for telco, retailers, banking clients as well as less traditional science and indigenous communities
- HTML5 rich web applications using AngularJS and NodeJS
- Large scale distributed systems with big data using technologies like Storm, Hadoop, Elastic and Cassandra
- Functional programming languages like Scala and Clojure for heavy data processing projects
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Extensive hands-on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies
- Real passion for software engineering and best practices
- Great Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc and enterprise integration
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc
- Passion for technical and team leadership and a willingness to mentor and work with developers at all levels of experience
We're a big believer in diversity. We build software for a wide variety of people so we believe that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms. We strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve, so as long as you're a talented developer ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
We don't do bureaucracy or hierarchy but you do get lots of autonomy and we actively encourage you to experiment with new technologies without limitation.
If ThoughtWorks sounds like the right environment for you to learn, grow and thrive, please apply now. We'll be in touch!
ThoughtWorks is a global technology and digital transformation consultancy. We are a community of passionate individuals who share a common purpose to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. We help organisations challenge the status quo and create meaningful, scalable differentiation at speed through technology and design. We love to get better at what we do, at how we think. We love to learn. We love to share.
We are community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is in our DNA and is a core part of our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We are honored to have been awarded as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and are proud to say that 48% of ThoughtWorks Australia identify as women, in an industry where the norm is much lower. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What's on offer
ThoughtWorks offers a community-oriented environment centred around learning, sharing, growing and feedback. All ThoughtWorkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books. Our large network of mentors and coaches provide a supportive environment to connect with the ThoughtWorks' community, as well as the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Other benefits include a generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches as a chance to connect with each other each week.
A competitive salary of AUD 85k to AUD 110k is on offer for the right candidate
If you’d like to find your home in tech at ThoughtWorks, please apply.