Bangalore - Koramangala, India
ThoughtWorks is a global software development and consulting company that values the people and clients who push the boundaries in what that they do. This means, ThoughtWorks and its clients reimagine the future of businesses and leverage cutting edge and open source tech to achieve lofty business goals. And when it comes to its people, ThoughtWorks is the flat, inclusive environment where ThoughtWorkers craft their career paths to suit their interests. The company also works closely with several global humanitarian organizations to positively impact the world through tech.
Role: People Champion
The role manages all people engagement initiatives through the employees’ life cycle for a Thoughtworks office, in alignment with the company’s business and people strategies. The objectives are to connect with people, provide links to the business, create an engaged workplace / culture, act as an advocate for employees, and establish and drive a credible and trustworthy people brand. The role involves high levels of consultation and collaboration with different levels of stakeholders.
The overall responsibilities include:
- Functioning as the single point of contact to employees on all HR matters. Managing expectations in line with the employment brand, business direction and people charter.
- Running on-boarding and induction programs, ensuring integration of new joinees in TW.
- Handling people queries, grievances, concerns, issue resolution, emergency situations, etc. Ensuring workplace welfare including adherence to statutory requirements.
- Ensuring fun at work and team building activities are a consistent part of the culture. Instilling energy and enthusiasm in the workplace through ownership with the people.
- Continuously assessing the employee pulse and cultural climate, proactively identifying issues and working with various stakeholders for resolution.
- Participating in the design and owning the deployment of HR deliverables and employee initiatives focused on people satisfaction and engagement.
- Managing the performance review process, driving feedback culture, quality of appraisals and timely closure. Identifying and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Facilitating the organisation’s career management framework through coordination with various resource management teams, HR and the employees.
- Driving learning initiatives through support of needs analysis, program design, training coordination and effectiveness assessment.
- Deploying and providing inputs for compensation and benefit policies and processes.
- Facilitating HRMIS and reporting requirements through data collation and validation.
- Supporting recruitment needs and leadership development programs as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 7-10 years yrs of experience in the HRBP role
- Experienced in HR policy and practice deployment and adherence.
- Ability to multi-task and drive items to closure through well honed planning & organizing.
- Excellent communication skills particularly in the areas of presentation, articulation, active listening and written content.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with people at various levels, with sound influencing capability. High levels of interpersonal effectiveness and maturity.
- Natural ability to operate with integrity and confidentiality.
- Experienced in counseling and problem solving.
- Proven ability to operate as part of a team as well as independently.
- Proactive in nature, going out of the way to learn and contribute.