Quality Assurance Analyst
ThoughtWorks isn’t your average company, so we don’t hire average people.
We've been at the forefront of software testing innovation for a long time and are the creators of Selenium, a portable software testing framework for web applications. We've made contributions to the Open Source community via projects like this one, as well as Frankenstein and SharpRobo. We do things differently here, getting our testers working closely with our developers and business analysts, right from the requirements gathering stage. As a member of the team you'll be around to ask the awkward questions and try the scenarios that analysts or developers don't dream up.
Add to this our focus on Agile delivery and you’ll start to see why working here is refreshingly different.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field plus 5 years of progressive experience in the position offered or in an equivalent position, or 3 year Bachelor's degree plus six years of progressive experience
- Experience leading QA testing teams on projects distributed across borders and time zones
- Experience testing multi-tier web-based applications on Java and .NET platforms
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases
- Experience creating and managing automated functional testing scripts for Load, Performance and Stress testing
- Experience testing database access via XML APIs in a multi-tier environment
- Utilization of Winrunner and Silk testing tools, Bugzilla and Jira defect trackers and testing databases using XML-based API
- Provide management of quality assurance on large-scale, custom-designed projects that utilize J2EE, .NET, Flex and Flash technologies
- Lead Quality Assurance team on projects that are distributed across borders and time zones
- Consult, analyze and provide quality assurance on projects
- Create and manage all QA deliverables for projects
- Produce test plans and test cases for multiple projects
- Perform manual/automated testing
- Perform Unit, Functional, Integration, System and Performance testing
- Create and manage automated functional testing scripts for Load, Performance and Stress testing
- Propose and set up testing centers of excellence for clients
- Track and report quantitative and qualitative aspects of error reporting, including hardware and networks
- Test database access via XML APIs in a multi-tier environment
- Utilize Winrunner, QuickTestPro, TestComplete, LoadRunner, Rational Robot, Silk, Mercury Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest and Jira
- Communicate with Analysts, Developers and clients to gain functional and technical knowledge
- Use Iterative and Agile methodologies
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenge every day, then we should talk. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on-line. We want to hear from you!