Porto Alegre, Brasil
ThoughtWorks is a Private Equity backed global technology consultancy that builds custom software applications for a diverse range of clients from media through banking to NGOs. With offices in fourteen countries and 40 cities (at last count!) we’re passionate global citizens, aiming to have a huge impact on the world.
The Procurement Specialist will join our internal IT department (“TechOps”). TechOps procures millions of dollars in assets around the globe, including software, hardware, and IT services. Within TechOps, the Procurement Specialist will join our small-but-mighty TechOps Procurement team. This team purchases all of the software for ThoughtWorks and is expanding to provide procurement oversight, guidance, and analysis for all other TechOps purchases, shaping and executing the global and regional procurement strategy for IT assets for ThoughtWorks. The focus of this role will be on hardware assets!
Procurement is a newly defined business function and capability for ThoughtWorks which means it’s a unique opportunity to influence, design and execute the foundations of the procurement strategy for IT assets, especially hardware procurement (as software procurement has been in play already).
The Procurement Specialist will act as a partner to the internal IT teams across the region, driving procurement strategy, managing overall performance, mitigating risk and improving efficiency.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partner with TechOps and the Global Procurement Lead of ThoughtWorks to develop the procurement strategy and operating model
- Work with the Compliance team to develop, evolve and monitor company purchasing policies
- Educate TechOps on procurement fundamentals and benefits
- Work with cross-functional teams around the world to execute on procurement requirements
- Manage key vendor relationships and lead negotiations on significant contracts
- Manage, review and report on the effectiveness of procurement activities regionally, including the newly implemented procurement platform, Coupa
- Identify opportunities on an on-going basis, provide timely analysis and identify areas for growth
Skills, Capability and Experience
The ideal candidate will have reasonable procurement experience, especially IT hardware, operating in a high growth, global environment!
- Ability to influence and work with stakeholders across the globe
- Sharp thinker able to thrive in an environment with very bright, motivated, and demanding colleagues
- Experience in developing and executing procurement strategy for IT hardware
- Proficiency in interpreting and negotiating contractual terms
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Ability to work remotely with other team members, who are distributed in other offices
- Intellectual curiosity; desire to learn
- Fluent in English
*Please submit your application and resume in English