Are you able to simultaneously see the big picture while understanding the minutiae of a project? Do you excel when you need to switch between business and technical context?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
What happens when you have fascinating clients with challenging problems on the one hand and passionate software developers looking to build future-focused solutions on the other? This in-between is where Business Analysts reside, acting as a bridge between the client and team. You will spend time determining what outcomes software must achieve, assessing how it will be used, and then generating bold ideas with our developers to create custom applications. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will facilitate and lead workshops that generate customized business solutions
- You will work in agile teams that facilitate organizational transformations for medium- and large-scale businesses
- You will be an effective liaison between the client and a team consisting of SMEs, C-suite executives, Experience Designers, Product Managers, Consultant Developers, and QAs
- Collaborate with teammates on the analysis and design of complex business applications using the latest technologies
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a track record of delivering impactful software, ideally on a collaborative team in a consulting organization
- You have a practical approach to the day-to-day work of story-writing and delivery, and can draw a line directly from an overarching client strategy to your team’s outcomes
- You enjoy unearthing the root cause(s) of a client’s pain points, validating a business opportunity or problem and partnering to deliver a solution
- You are a champion of Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery methodologies and love to mentor others
- You understand how businesses operate and have experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- You thrive when you’re leading a workshop or facilitating a learning session
- You have a knack for prioritization, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, and resolving conflicts as they arise
- You’re resilient and flexible in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from technical and business perspectives
- You have a genuine passion for quality software and the know-how to get from sketch to code
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer sites, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Please note that unfortunately, candidates who will require visa sponsorship now or in the future in North America are not eligible for this role.