At ThoughtWorks, testing (especially test automation and Agile testing) is central to our delivery methodology. ThoughtWorks has contributed significantly to Open Source testing tools, such as Sahi, Selenium and SharpRobo and we are at the forefront of automated testing practices. Our testing capability is amongst the most advanced in consultancies anywhere and we are frequently advising clients on testing strategies and tools. We are looking for sharp, forward looking individuals with varying levels of work experience with an aptitude for learning new domains and testing methodologies.
Curious what makes a Quality Analyst a Lead around these parts? A lead is:
- Able to build strategy around quality which lead a project team to successful delivery.
- Excited to mentor, influence community/team of ThoughtWorkers and clients.
- An expert in at least one OOPS/Functional language & have quick learning skills to adapt as per project needs.
- Often the day-to-day primary point of contact with our clients/ ThoughtWorkers.
- Passion for technology and software quality.
- Be an inspiration of innovation to the client
Technical/Delivery Skills :
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the testing roadmap and automated solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Well versed with business domain and partnership with key business drivers.
- Formulate and articulate the best testing practices and implication of real world solutions.
- Selecting right tech stack for framework creation as per client requirement.
- Hands-on with whole range of functional and non-functional testing(Web, Api, Database, Big data, Performance, Security).
- Automation Framework Creation for multi layer software applications.
- Proven experience with dividing tests at different level of test pyramid.
- Problem Solving attitude with analytical mindset.
- Ability to triage bugs, identify root-cause, and define corrective actions.
- Experience in working closely with developers, business, other quality analysts and clients in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with open Source tools like Selenium, WDIO, Frisby, Jest, PhantonJS, Watij/Watir, Cucumber, Jbehave, Gauge, Robotium, Apache JMeter, Gatling , Galon, Burpsuite, Zap etc.
- Experience in unit testing frameworks like Junit/ Testng or any other.
- Disrupt, Lead and Innovate.
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on the testing practices of the software world and encourage open source development and contribution.
- Mentor on approach and execution of solutions, coach on technologies and establishing a team wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction.
- Exploit opportunities for networking and relationship building across organisation.
- Driving the community
- Building the tech capability in community.
- Driving the community events/ workshops to build ThoughtWorks as brand in market.
- Driving organization level QA Boot-Camps to build future of ThoughtWorks.