Get the kind of challenge you love
Fascinating clients on the one hand. Passionate software developers looking for problems to solve on the other. You’ll be the bridge between the two. It’ll involve a lot of open and honest communication. It’ll mean getting to know businesses inside out. Finding out what their software must achieve, how it will be used and then generating the ideas our developers draw on to create custom applications. Work with clients across a variety of sectors and make sure the business-critical software solutions we develop delivers real business value every time. Our Lead Business Analyst / Product Managers play a key role in project success.
As a Business Analyst / Product Manager, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Facilitate and lead workshops that generate ideas and content for solutions
- Work on a cross-functional team in delivering custom software products
- Be instrumental in the analysis and design of complex business applications in the latest technologies
- Be an expert in agile and continuous delivery principles and practices, and facilitate organizational transformations
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices. Help companies achieve true, differentiating outcomes
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with teams to deliver software; ideally as part of a consulting organization
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies (e.g. Scrum and XP)
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong prioritization and influencing skills
- Experience unearthing the root cause of a client’s pain points and validating a business opportunity or problem
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Able to define key objectives and ‘to-be” state, identify success factors, and comprehend constraints, challenges and risks
- Skills in orchestrating collaboration within cross-functional team by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Ability to articulate the “big picture” of the solution to delivery and client teams to understand cross-functional, inter-dependencies and impact
- A genuine passion for quality software - and the know-how to get from sketch to code
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so ThoughtWorkers should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.