It's about big brains not big egos.
When some people think of leaders they see them working in corner offices at the top of the building. That's not how it works here. Yes, you'll be one of our more experienced people and with that will come significant responsibility for how we manage and deliver business-critical software solutions. But we don't do heavy management or big company politics.
We are collaborators, which means you'll sit around the same table as developers, architects, testers and analysts, coming up with creative ways to translate concepts and ideas into practical and tactical solutions, foster innovation and maximize customer ROI.
You won't be handed a one size fits all, traditional big consultancy methodology and be asked to enforce it. You will be asked to leverage cutting edge Agile and Lean practices to lead self-organizing teams to deliver software that does exactly what is needed.
Here's a taster:
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery road map and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
- Execute TW account strategy and orchestrate the creation and sale of successful value propositions at the company and individual level.
- Navigate teams through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
- Manage delivery scope and risks throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Ensure the experience of engaging ThoughtWorks for delivery exceeds client expectations.
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client executives: CIO, CTO, PMO and gain the confidence of the client's business stakeholders.
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships to yield continuing opportunities for ThoughtWorks.
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider organization.
- Build positive team dynamics and relationships with client staff; remedying dysfunction to maintain healthy and productive ThoughtWorks communities at the Client.
- Create and support sales activities.
What we're looking for:
- 8-13 years of total experience with minimum of 4+ of experience in Project Management.
- Experience running IT projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Experience working directly with business executives: CIO, CTO, PMO in an advisory role
- Experience planning and managing human, financial, material, and information resources
- Account development experience; creating, maintaining and/or enhancing customer relationships that have yielded business opportunity.
A solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean environment would be great, but if you have a Prince2 or PMI background and are open to new ways of thinking, we'd like to talk to you too.
ThoughtWorks: purposefully disruptive.
We don't subscribe to traditional corporate life here. As a community of intellectual free thinkers, we're always looking for different and better ways of doing things and we're hoping that's what you want too.
This role will be based from one of our major cities, however you can expect an element of travel should we need your expertise for one of our Interstate clients.