We are a global technology company on a mission to create a positive impact on the world through the client work we do, by revolutionising the industry and by building an organisation and culture that is diverse and inclusive by nature. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech. This is a great opportunity to join our crew and make your mark on the future of Thoughtworks Finland and in the Nordics .
For every successful team, there's a Project Manager: the organisational and operational whiz who ensures that everyone has what they need to deliver on time. We are in a hunt for a project manager to not only drive project delivery but also to act as a business analyst and trusted advisor for clients. You will be the bridge between the client and team, ensuring that we are solving the right problems, setting priorities and enabling the team to deliver maximal value. You’ll be encouraged to experiment and challenge the status quo as well as to utilize the best practices from our global community of Product Managers and Business Analysts. You will work with clients across a variety of sectors and ensure the business-critical data solutions and technology we create deliver real business value every time. You’ll be surrounded by an incredible group of talents all the way to engineering, data science and strategic design.
- Support clients with challenging business problems by eliciting and articulating business vision and breaking the vision into executable goals that can be met in an incremental and iterative manner.
- Work with clients and Thoughtworks team to comprehend client’s business strategy and organisational ecosystem and propose approaches that use technology and data to improve organisational capability and to support data-driven decision making.
- Coordinate all project work-streams and encourage all team members to participate in decision making.
- Support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams while discussing problems, risks, results and progress of the project.
- Create and oversee release plans for iterative and incremental delivery of value and be accountable for iteration planning, tracking, reporting, delivery scope, prioritisation, estimates, risks, and financials for the client engagement.
- Bring innovative and fresh ideas to project management and holistically advice clients on how to discover growth and value fuelled by emerging technologies, for example machine learning and AI.
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies.
- Establish delivery roadmaps and plans that support the client's business strategies and objectives.
- Facilitate a group of intelligent, talented, and opinionated professionals who work together as a team and ensure a healthy project environment for people, boosting team performance.
- Establish an effective relationship with the client, including mediating disagreements in order to maintain the health and productivity for everyone involved.
- Ensure that the Thoughtworks team delivers what the customer is expecting and be a coach and provide feedback, directing the development of each team member.
- You have experience in managing business centered technology projects with end-to-end responsibility from project discovery to delivery and implementation.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and coordinating multiple work-streams.
- You're experienced and comfortable with proposal building, contract negotiation and managing project financials.
- You have an understanding of various software development approaches and the ability to consult clients on the best approaches applicable to their scenarios.
- No previous experience of data & AI projects is required but we hope you are interested and motivated to learn.
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organising sessions to promote collaboration.
- Bonus points if you've project managed distributed or co-located teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Finnish and English, other Nordics languages are seen a plus.
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skilfully manage them.
- You are seen as a coach and mentor, taking the time to motivate others and influence teammates to take positive action and accountability for their work.
- You're a natural leader with a track record of encouraging teammates in their professional development and relationships.
- Cultivating strong partnerships comes naturally to you: you understand the importance of relationship building and how it can bring new opportunities to our business.
What we offer:
- Our local and diverse community of 50 people in Finland, which includes Incredibly talented delivery teams, experts in data, software development, design and strategy work. Read more about the work we do.
- We believe diverse thinking breeds innovation and our proud to have 43% of our technical roles filled by women and underrepresented gender minorities. This is an opportunity to join truly a diverse team!
- With us, you can work from our Helsinki office, remotely, or mix both styles. Most of your future colleagues work in the office for part of the week.
- The opportunity to work in international projects in collaboration with Thoughtworks people around the world.
- Our benefits include, for example, work tools of your choice and phone benefits, culture and wellness benefits, extensive health care covering also leisure activities and a mental well-being service (Auntie).
- International career and educational opportunities. For example, you can work for 6-24 months from another of our Thoughtworks locations, or move permanently to work in another Thoughtworks country. How does a 1 year work assignment in New York or Sydney sound? Or a permanent transfer to Amsterdam?
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Vielen Dank für dein Interesse daran ein Teil unseres Teams bei Thoughtworks zu werden. Wir werden uns deine Bewerbung so schnell wie möglich anschauen.
In der Zwischenzeit kannst du auf der Seite "Consultant Life" mehr über den außergewöhnlichen Impact lesen, den Thoughtworker:innen auf unsere Kund:innen, die Tech-Industrie und einander haben.
Das Thema Datenschutz ist uns sehr wichtig: Alle Informationen, die du uns über deine Online-Bewerbung übermittelst, werden von Thoughtworks vertraulich behandelt.