People Partner - Thoughtworks Singapore
Are you passionate about people? Are you someone who gets all excited and is enthusiastic while connecting with people? In trying situations, do you adopt a calm composure and naturally empathise and become an ally? If these speak to you, you’re at the right page!
When you join Thoughtworks you join a wonderful community of people who are passionate about learning and about sharing what they learn. A community that includes the people who write the books on software excellence and innovation, who write the tools that the industry uses. A community that is passionate about doing great work for interesting clients, and bringing those clients on a journey of change. A community that is determined to use software to improve lives.
There is amazing talent in Singapore, and we’d like you to help us develop it. Thoughtworks is extraordinarily committed to our people and we want to hire someone who understands the impact of the People Partner function will have on the growth of our organisation and contribute accordingly.
This is a hugely impactful role which offers great potential to grow and develop. As a People Partner at Thoughtworks based in Singapore, you will ultimately ensure all Thoughtworkers are correctly supported, challenged and recognised. How?
Position and Responsibilities:
The role manages all people engagement initiatives through the employees’ life cycle for the Singapore Thoughtworks office, in alignment with the company’s business and people strategies. The objectives are to connect with people, provide links to the business, create an engaged workplace / culture, act as an advocate for employees, and establish and drive a credible and trustworthy people brand. The role involves high levels of consultation and collaboration with different levels of stakeholders.
The overall responsibilities include:
- Handle the process of employee lifecycle events including onboarding, probation, career progression and offboarding.
- Functioning as the point of contact for HR operation matters. Deploying and providing inputs for compensation and benefit policies and processes.
- Managing the performance review process, driving feedback culture, quality of appraisals and timely closure. Identifying and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Facilitating the organization’s career management framework through coordination with various resource management teams,HR and the employees.
- Driving learning initiatives through support of needs analysis, program design, training coordination and effectiveness assessment, working closely with Capability development function.
- Participating in the design and owning the deployment of HR deliverables and employee initiatives focused on people's satisfaction and engagement.
- Ensuring fun at work and team building activities are a consistent part of the culture. Instilling energy and enthusiasm in the workplace through ownership with the people.
- Continuously assessing the employee pulse and cultural climate, proactively identifying issues and working with various stakeholders for resolution.
- Handling people queries, grievances, concerns, issue resolution, emergency situations, etc. Ensuring workplace welfare including adherence to statutory requirements.
- Supporting recruitment needs and leadership development programs as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of experience as Human Resource Business Partner or generalist role.
- Experienced in HR policy and practice deployment and adherence.
- Ability to multi-task and drive items to closure through well honed planning & organizing.
- Excellent communication skills particularly in the areas of presentation, articulation, active listening and written content.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with people at various levels, with sound influencing capability. High levels of interpersonal effectiveness and maturity.
- Natural ability to operate with integrity and confidentiality.
- Experienced in counseling and problem solving.
- Proven ability to operate as part of a team as well as independently.
- Proactive in nature, going out of the way to learn and contribute.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).