ThoughtWorks, a global software consultancy, is honored to be recognized as an IWEI Top Employer 2020 in the Gold category by India Workplace Equality Index (IWEI) 2020. Founded by Stonewall, Pride Circle and Keshav Suri Foundation, IWEI 2020 is India's first comprehensive benchmarking study to measure progress in LGBTQ+ inclusion at the workplace.
Being named a Top Employer 2020 acknowledges ThoughtWorks’ commitment to being equitable, inclusive and more reflective of the society it serves. ThoughtWorks in India runs several internal and external facing initiatives that drive demonstrable progress in LGBTQ+ inclusion:
- Interning with Pride, an internship for technologists from the LGBTQ+ community.
- The Mitra Collective, an affinity group for LGBTQ+ employees and allies that facilitate dialogues on gender, sexuality, law and human rights.
- ‘Being Inclusive,’ a training program run by the leadership team at ThoughtWorks in India, to eliminate unconscious bias.
- Gender Affirmation and Transition Policy, an outline of the support available to employees who seek to affirm or transition their gender or apply for transition leave.
- Circle of Trust, an initiative that provides a safe and non-judgemental space where employees share powerful personal stories.
- Prajña, a mentoring program that guides transgender persons in their pursuit of various professional opportunities. This program is run in collaboration with PeriFerry, an organization that works for the empowerment of trans people.
Tina Vinod, diversity and inclusion head for ThoughtWorks in India commented, “We're honored to be recognized as a ‘Gold' category employer by IWEI 2020. As ThoughtWorks' LGBTQ+ inclusion journey continues to evolve and mature, we stay firmly committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DEI) workplace for all. There is still a lot more to be done but we'd like to take this moment to celebrate and recognize our efforts so far, and commend all ThoughtWorkers for embracing our DEI agenda.”
Nancy Kelley, chief executive at Stonewall commented, “The launch of the inaugural Workplace Equality Index is an incredible moment for LGBTQ+ equality in India, and all of the organizations who have committed to LGBTQ+ inclusion. We hope that the great work they are doing to protect and support their LGBTQ+ staff will inspire many more companies across India to get involved in the years to come. The more organizations that stand up for equality, the sooner we will live in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are accepted without exception.”
IWEI is a transformational tool for LGBT+ inclusion in India Inc. Not only does it provide a framework for corporate India to base their initiatives on but also enables friendly competition among companies to collectively raise the bar higher. The LGBT+ community also gets a definitive benchmark to assess an organization’s LGBT+ friendliness through their IWEI rating.
View all ThoughtWorks newsMore news