As an Application Architect here's what we'll be looking for you to bring:
- Software craftmanship. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies. This can be through your involvement with developers or working with DevOps teams, through to problem solving of large-scale technology systems.
- Proven experience in “Agility”, including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience using and driving Continuous Integration/Delivery
- You have a rich breadth of industry experience.
- You are recognized as a subject matter expert who is equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modeling as you are advocating for Agile methodologies.
- You fully understand the business context and challenges that organizations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries.
- A strong background working across different organizations, ranging in size, from start-ups to large corporations.
- Experienced in leading, managing and inspiring large and multiple development teams.
- Leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success. Strong stakeholder management and interaction at different levels is essential. This could be your involvement at CTO/CIO level to help create technical strategies or leading significant cultural change that directly impacts those within your team.
- Any experience building and leading an offshore/outsourcing function would be highly beneficial.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Application Architects. Here’s what you’ll do:
- You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them to understand the potential that technology has to solve their most pressing problems.
- On other projects, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new product.
- It could be much more about getting stuck into a delivery project where you're equally happy coding and tech leading the team to implement the solution.
- Whatever your role, the team always look to draw on your experience when things get tough and you often handle the difficult client conversations allowing the team to continue building software without undue pressure.
- You have great relationships with our new business team and work collaboratively to support pre-sales, meet prospective clients and ultimately influence and shape our portfolio of work.
- You recognize that building your network with a client is absolutely key to enable you to perform in your role. You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, recent hands-on coding experience and knowledge of latest tech and industry best practices to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
Regardless of what you do at ThoughtWorks, you’ll always have the opportunity to
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Learn something new everyday.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Travel the world.
- Speak at conferences.
- Write blogs and books.
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Be part of a company with Social and Economic Justice at the heart of it's mission.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).