Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Are you able to simultaneously see the big picture while understanding the minutiae of a project? Do you excel when you need to switch between business and technical context?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
ThoughtWorks is looking for a Technical Sales Director (TSD) to support the Business Development Managers in securing new work to add to our portfolio of clients. This individual will report to the Head of North America Partnerships and provide overall support for the success of a new account. This will include navigating new business through deal review, legal approval, and coordination with staffing and capabilities to ensure our supply of talent matches the shape of the engagement. This is a new position that will require understanding and articulating the overall business capabilities of the offerings from ThoughtWorks as well as alignment with the Service Lines to provide the appropriate engagement model. You will also be responsible for helping to build Sales Strategy with the BDMs, earning and building trust with our clients to enable long term relationships. This is a specialized role that requires first selling our value proposition to AWS, and then again to the end customer.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Representing the ThoughtWorks point of view throughout the process of opportunity qualification, development, shaping, and deal review
- Collaborating on technical differentiation and engagement models with service line SMEs and offerings
- Providing the “voice of technology” in all interactions. Helping to balance the “voice of demand” and partnering to find the best projects for ThoughtWorks
- Supporting the Business Development Managers and position alignment of solutions across service lines, markets and disciplines
- Ability to share the ThoughtWorks perspective while also leveraging a broader industry perspective
- Unwavering attention on potential target clients with an expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services
- Particular attention to sales goals and targets with ability to forecast outcomes accurately is required
- Establishing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high impact client interaction is a critical component for this role
- Contribute to the growth of our evolving business by actively participating in team meetings and work groups
- Experience Creating Supporting Commercial documents such as Proposals, Margin Tools, Statements of work is required
- Build a network of relationships with key players within AWS to enhance lead generation with their customers.
- Candidates must have at least one decade of experience with a substantial IT services consulting firm, and a minimum of 3 years working with AWS technologies.
- Must have experience in IT Modernization, as ThoughtWorks espouses it including modern architectures, platforms and processes such as testing, product development and DevOps.
- Must have a solid understanding of custom application development, delivery, and business development.
- A deep understanding of AWS products, services and technologies
- Experience dealing with both business and IT C-level execs and others in an organization is required.
- The talent to navigate both business and technical discussions as needed to close a deal is a must.
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.