Traditional role in a non-traditional company.
We're seeking talented and passionate people with a creative approach to problem-solving. We value talent over role title at ThoughtWorks and are looking for a versatile Finance Lead with a compelling combination skills.
As a Finance Lead at ThoughtWorks, this is what you'll be doing:
- Responsible for all day to day accounting operations of our €60 Million German business - part of a $500 Million global consulting firm
- You will be supported by highly skilled, global accounting groups in India and China, and a Financial Director in Germany
- Monitoring the business for compliance with local laws or customs
- Daily use of English is unavoidable. You will be in regular contact with support centres in China and India which handle all Accounts Payable, Billing and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- You will be responsible to control the quality of their work and help them improve when needed
- Think through hard problems in an agile working environment, working with amazing people to materialize solutions
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical, ego-free environment where talent is valued over job titles or years of experience
This is what you'll bring:
- Local knowledge of German taxes and HGB is a must as you will be expected to be the local eyes and ears of ThoughWorks in Germany (Because of the global structure, much of the engagement is an oversight, communication, and helping the business understand its key drivers)
- You should have a Bilanzbuchalter certification or be working toward one which would be supported by ThoughtWorks
- Experience prioritizing competing demands from stakeholders with the ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent German and English language skills
What are you waiting for?
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.