As a Delivery Principal you provide strategic and tactical leadership for your account. This includes creating, sustaining, implementing, and driving efficient and effective program management processes in support of our business objectives and the fiscal health of the account. A senior leader accountable for ensuring TW delivers a successful outcome, for both TW and the client. An anchor on large engagements they set up teams for success, support the development of the client's vision and ensure everyone understands and is working towards the same goals. Their vantage point enables them to anticipate the future so as to capitalize on opportunities and remove potential threats for both the delivery team and client. A problem solver, they work creatively to figure out how to accomplish a goal while empowering the team to progress
Purpose of Role
A senior leader accountable for ensuring TW delivers a successful outcome on engagement sizes in the range of $3M - $12M in revenue distributed to India.
Boundaries: Having played an Engagement Manager for a $3M-$12M account size or similar roles in an agile eco-system could have you well positioned to take on this role.
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ interests and improved profitability
- Manage and improve Client Gross Margin (CGM) on your accounts to meet and exceed targets.
- Invoices (expense and service) accuracy and approval.
- Billing the appropriate amount to ensure a profitable account, invoicing on time and making sure the invoices are paid.
- For ensuring the delivery aspects of shaping an engagement are met as it pertains to balancing commercial, delivery, technical aspects to achieve client and TW success.
- For every engagement you sell/create you must document any exceptions policies, gain approval, communicate that to the team and enforce it.
- Ensuring process is in place to manage security, privacy and legal compliance across the account
- Be an awesome partner to our client
- Develop and foster authentic executive client relationships with your present clients and future prospects that serve to drive account growth
- Managing the overall client spend keeping in mind the contract, the value we deliver and consulting the client appropriately
- Propose and deliver high value technology solutions that factor in deep knowledge of the clients business goals and industry.
- Effectively navigate organizational structure and politics to drive expected outcomes
- Leverage relevant technology, industry trends, SME's and client value stories to create opportunities for innovation and digital disruption.
- Highlight Thoughtworks’ uniqueness to the client
- Ensure all account team members act as evangelists for the clients desired outcomes within the client and TW organizations
- Know what makes TW unique and the right partner for the client. Make that uniqueness relatable, valuable and known in the client's context so that the client understands it, is aligned and can articulate it.
- Owning the refinement and execution of the strategy from a delivery perspective
- Work with delivery and Service Line leadership to implement processes and technology that support business value and efficiency across business and technical teams.
- Continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients
- Ensure that the value being delivered is explicit and well understood by the client and the Thoughtworks teams
- Proactively manage risk and openly communicate with the client with integrity
- Drive TWer engagement through high performing teams, capability and career growth
- Building and leveraging a leadership team on the projects within the account that drives results. Exhibit a strong passion and commitment to grow the next generation of leaders.
- Ensure every TWer on the account has someone responsible for evaluating their performance, work with their Talent Partner and craft leaders to provide appropriate support and development opportunities to the them
- Employee Engagement measured by virtual health check feedback trending up
- Owning the recruitment, engagement, development and retention of a diverse and capable market of project managers that are dedicated to our clients’ success. Provide career paths that are motivational to project leaders and drive value for our clients. Ensure those career paths are actionable on accounts
- Ensuring there is an onboarding strategy in place for new TWers that join the account
- Partner with key stakeholders to achieve a healthy account staffing mix, including effective rotation plans that: 1) leads to customer satisfaction, 2) offers stretch and growth opportunities at scale and 3) drives financial results
- Leadership Expectations
- Live our Purpose & Values: Be a role model of our cultural values, protecting our uniqueness while helping TW evolve.
- Think Big; Think Beyond: Think about the “big picture” developing courageous long-term plans to achieve the desired outcomes while linking daily work to long-term vision.
- Take Risks: Take pragmatic risks to help us innovate, learning as much from failure as from success. Balance logic, experience & experimentation to test hypotheses and prototypes.
- Listen, then Speak: Engage others by listening, being curious, and communicating clearly and openly. Influence rather than instruct, using authenticity rather than authority to build an inspirational environment to allow your team to thrive.
- Enable Autonomous Teams: Create an environment of trust that enables teams to work effectively and collaborates within their team and with others. Foster global relationships, have a strong sense of inclusivity, and a global first mentality, making it possible for everyone to achieve their goals.
- Get Results: Drive towards impactful business outcomes, setting clear expectations and providing space for creativity. Achieve results through leveraged leadership. Inspire and recognize teams to achieve sustained, tangible progress, & impactful objectives, while holding both yourself & others accountable.
- Cultivate others & Yourself: Take pride and care in intentionally growing every member of your teams through feedback and a personalised approach to cultivation, creating a feeling of safety, encouragement and celebration. Be aware of your own growth opportunities, and commit to your personal development. (see specific responsibilities in the Cultivate Talent section above.)