- ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We’re dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, Agile and open-source. Our clients are organizations with ambitious missions, for whom we deliver complex enterprise systems.
- We are looking for Retail experts with deep and broad domain expertise and ability to engage with CXOs on business & technology challenges and solutioning.
As a Retail Domain Consultant, you need to :
- Have 12 to 15 years of deep and broad business process understanding and operational experience in Retail, E-Commerce across core retail functional areas like Forecasting, Order Management, Merchandising & Assortment Planning, Pricing, Promotions, Mark-down management, Store Operations, Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Loyalty, Customer Experience, Analytics etc preferably across Fashion & Grocery segments - a domain polyglot
- Have a consulting mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills in engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders and building credibility as a trusted advisor through proven delivery of innovative solutions for complex problems in the Retail space
- Be able to consult senior stakeholders of retail organizations on building the product vision, roadmap, striking the right balance between what’s needed now and the future.
- Have significant experience dealing with CXOs, helping them solution and succeed by way of thought leadership
- Display the maturity and soft skills to interface with CXOs
- Be a subject matter expert and manage end-to-end client engagements through solutioning for the current and future functional roadmaps, recommendations during development and execution through adoption facilitation, workshops, training, etc.
- Have good exposure to working with varied retailers globally and in India
- Have implemented innovative end-to-end solutions in customer engagement and customer experience
- Have the desire to create and build thought leadership in retail
- Be able to lead and execute client engagements at the highest quality and customer satisfaction
- Have demonstrated experience of working successfully with development teams to deliver bespoke software
- Have strong facilitation and communication skills and experience of leading workshops
- Have experience prioritizing competing demands from stakeholders with ability to get buy-in and resolve conflicts
- Have some experience with Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Be able to identify and shape opportunities in collaboration with the market team or client principal, qualify and shape delivery model from a domain standpoint
- Have the mindset and ability to move between opportunity identification, retail strategy and delivery challenges given the situation
As a Retail Practitioner at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
Work with Retailers on some of their most exciting business and technology challenges and be a part of a growing Retail practice with a global footprint
- Build bespoke software using the latest technologies and tools and with some of the best technologists in the world
- Work in a passionate, dynamic, collaborative and non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience
- Help in Business Development efforts, Identify and generate leads
- Participate and actively shape up opportunities across clients
- Work collaboratively with clients and travel if required during project inception and delivery. We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you'll be flexible about project location, and willing to travel as part of your role.
If this looks like a role that you are keen to explore, pls apply and we can connect to discuss more.