Toronto, Canada , Canada
Do you thrive on championing delivery excellence that realizes a client's vision, through an inclusive highly skilled team?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As a Delivery Principal, you will provide strategic and tactical leadership on accounts, establishing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high-impact client interaction. By empowering ThoughtWorker engagement through cultivating high-performing teams, you will continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients, contributing to the growth and scale of our evolving business. Ultimately, the health of an account is a reflection of the capability and efficiency that you as a Delivery Principal cultivate.
Digital Platform Solutions and transformations - Platform Strategy
ThoughtWorkers discussing transforming our clients in the enterprise
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will act as a trusted advisor to your client by building key relationships and understanding the market and trends that could impact them
- You will assess client needs and develop the account strategy and proactive proposals needed to deliver value to our client
- Speak to the value of our delivery and how it maps to client vision, goals, and initiatives
- Continuously deliver undeniable value by ensuring the high performance of ThoughtWorks teams on the account and proactively manage risk with the client
- Cultivate ThoughtWorker growth and development by encouraging feedback and fostering an inclusive, supportive team culture
- Oversee contracts, SOWs, negotiations, and billing rates
- Maintain healthy levels of Client Gross Margin (CGM), Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), and travel leakage
- Ensure security, privacy, and legal compliance across the account
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to establish and maintain "C-Level" relationships (for engagement sizes in the range of $5M - $20M+ in revenue)
- You thrive in situations where you are given little to no direction and have the ability to lead, organize and deliver commitments on time and within budget
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don’t shy away from risks, instead, you take them on and skillfully manage them
- Empathy comes naturally to you and you use it to build solid working relationships and resolve issues quickly and thoughtfully
- You have a track record of managing the scope and shape of programs of work
- You have experience with account management, third party contractual agreements, client management & pre-sales, client reporting, and up-selling
- You’re comfortable chairing meetings, conducting reports, providing technical sales support, and keeping budgets in check
A few important things to know:
- Must have appropriate work authorization for Canada.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.