Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
Our QAs (Quality Analysts) work hand in hand with development teams to ensure we consider all possibilities when building custom solutions for our clients across the world.
- Collaborate with different team members (Developers, Business Analysts, etc) to make sure quality is embedded in both processes and technology.
- Champions for quality to be built in and strives to shift quality to the left.
- Ensures Quality is part of the end to end process, not just backend testing.
- Explain, input and advocate for system testability
- Understands practices like pair programming, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Solid understanding of common software testing problems and how to avoid them, as well as experience with different types of non-functional testing
- Experience producing test strategies
- Understands and explains the testing pyramid.
- Works well in teams - open to continuous feedback both receiving and giving.
- Humility and openness - willingness to co-create and compromise
- Open to the opinions of others and is inclusive
- Support and mentor members of the project team and wider ThoughtWorks community
- Can deal with ambiguous and stressful situations
- Can build trustful relationships with key team members to influence all areas of quality
- Can motivate the team and foster the idea of “Quality” as a shared team responsibility
- At least 5 years of experience as a Quality Analyst that has worked as part of a wider development team, pairing with Devs and ideally BA, Infra, Designers.
- Experience working with a wide development team, pairing with Developers, Business Analyst, Infrastructure Architects, Designers)
- High level of communication, both verbal and written
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Experience with agile, code management and deployment strategies
- Experience with different types and techniques in functional testing - exploratory, boundary value analysis, equivalence partitioning
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.