**This role is a 3 day a week position, for a minimum of 12 months with likely extension. It is a brand new role to provide more support in the payroll/people team function. We are ideally looking for someone who is experienced performing in the role - where the flexibility of a varied 3 day week, suits them, vs a full-time position.
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Administration of starter, leavers and transfers between UK & overseas payrolls (Ireland)
- Calculation of SMP, SPP, SHPL, SPP, etc
- Preparation of payroll reports to upload to our outsourced provider.
- Checking the data from outsourced provider
- Process pension contribution changes
- Calculating maternity, paternity and sick pay plus related administration
- Review of adhoc payments and calculations
- Administration for salary sacrifice schemes – Childcare vouchers and Ride2Work
- Creating third party payments ie HMRC, CCV, GAYE etc
- Responding to employee and external queries
- Provide holiday/sickness cover for payroll manager
- Other duties as requested by line manager such as project work
- Experience working in an in-house payroll
- UK payroll experience essential
- Have previous experience of dealing with all levels of employees
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Able to work without supervision and as an effective part of a team
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive attitude
- Keeps up to date with legislation