Principal Software Developer (m/f/d)
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As a Principal Software Developer (m/f/d) at ThoughtWorks, you will do much more than just coding. You will:
- Evangelise and drive evolutionary design and architectures
- Develop compelling technical visions and roadmaps aligned to client business needs
- Take ownership and accountability of delivery for the team
- Learn something new everyday and work with creators of tools, blogs and books whom have influenced the IT Industry
Here's what you'll bring:
- Passionate advocate for clean code and engineering practices
- Hands-on development experience with a mix of languages and technologies
- Extensive experience with deployment automation (CI/CD), domain modelling and SOLID principles
- You can translate Enterprise Architecture into cross-functional requirements
- Understand that technology is there to serve business functions
- Excel at cultivation and demonstrate situational leadership
- Open to travel across Germany
And this is what you can expect:
- ThoughtWorks offers centrally located office spaces which enables agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office
- Besides our famous Annual Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get-togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company but also by writing articles, doing meetups or speaking at conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!