We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The 1000+ people in ThoughtWorks India are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about technology, by joining ThoughtWorks, you become a part of a community. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with tools they wish to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented Data scientists passionate about building large scale Machine Learning Solutions to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
As a Data Scientist Practitioner, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Understand business challenges and goals of a client to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Create advanced analytics models using statistical and machine learning methods
- Work with software developers and solutions designers to deliver analytics-driven solutions
- Interact with clients in a variety of domains, who have a spectrum of challenging problems
- Represent ThoughtWorks and Data community in various online and offline forums (events, conferences)
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here is what you will bring:
- PhD/MS/BS or equivalent in Applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or operations research background.
- At least 2 years commercial experience with PhD or at least 4+ years of experience with MS/BS degree
- Depth of knowledge in advanced analytics methods such as parametric, non-parametric and graphical models
- Breadth of knowledge across statistical methods and machine learning algorithms
- Programming skills in languages like R and Python is a MUST
- Familiarity with large scale data processing tools like Hadoop and Spark
- Strong algorithmic problem-solving skills
- Ability to design effective experiments in business and social environments
- Understand how to harvest complex data from a variety of sources
- Consultative skills and the ability to communicate complicated technical and analytical information to non technical audiences
- Other desirable skills include: relational databases, NoSQL and visualisation techniques, knowledge and experience in any software technologies along with research experience
If you relish the idea of being part of ThoughtWorks’ Data Practice that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!