At ThoughtWorks we help customers (retail, government, travel, financial, e-commerce, NGO's to name a few) with ambitious missions to solve their toughest problems. We partner with these organisations to design, create and deliver cutting-edge software. We consult with these organisations to help them unlock the potential of technology for their business or cause.
We are currently looking for a Programme Manager to be a key leader in our UK business and lead our highly complex, technology deliveries into enterprise level clients. Someone who not only knows how to bring together multiple teams to deliver great software to our clients, but who sees technology, process and organizational problems, and is driven to fix them.
Here's what you can do as a Programme Manager at ThoughtWorks:
• Manage and guide delivery of multiple projects in an account through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions.
• Ensure the experience of engaging ThoughtWorks for delivery exceeds client expectations.
• Delivering high value consulting and other related service offerings to clients as needed.
• Maintain and guide ThoughtWorkers and clients on delivery practices that ensure success.
• Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery road map and project plans to support business strategies and goals.
• Partner with a client in product visioning and development through the lifecycle of the programme
• Work with our clients to manage and/or participate in the implementation of organizational change
• Execute TW account strategy and orchestrate the creation and sale of successful value propositions at the company and individual level.
• Be an inspiration for innovation to the client.
• Become a trusted and valued partner of the client executives: CIO, CTO, PMO and gain the confidence of the client's business stakeholders.
• Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships that yield continuing opportunities for ThoughtWorks.
• Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider organization.
• Build positive team dynamics and relationships with client staff; remedying dysfunction to maintain healthy and productive ThoughtWorks communities at the Client
• Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
As a Programme Manager at ThoughtWorks, here is what you'll bring:
• Experienced project and/or programme management experience
• Experience running multiple IT delivery and consulting projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
• Solid understanding of leading software development teams in an agile environment.
• Experience working directly with business executives: CIO, CTO, PMO in an advisory role
• Experience planning and managing human, financial, material, and information resources
• Account development experience; creating, maintaining and/or enhancing customer relationships that have yielded business opportunity.
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel.
If that's not for you right now that’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Start Date: 18th November 2019
Closing Date: 16th December 2019