Chicago, IL, USA
At ThoughtWorks, we believe that amazing people are at the heart of amazing organizations. As our Recruiting Coordinator, you’ll be at the heart of making sure that interviewing at ThoughtWorks is an amazing experience.
This is a varied role supporting our North American Recruiting team. Our recruiters recruit top talent from all over North America and you’ll be supporting our recruiting operations in all of these places. This means that you’ll bring your amazing organizational skills, unparalleled customer service ethic and awesome problem-solving and event planning ability into a very diverse world.
You’ll be working with three sets of key stakeholders; our recruiting team, our interviewers (who are also full time consultants for our clients), and our candidates. Your job is to make sure that we’re balancing the needs of all three, and that everyone comes out at the end, smiling.
You’re the kind of person who sees this as a challenge, rather than a disaster. You love moving parts, finding ways to make impossible things happen, and you’re not daunted when some of your hard work has to be changed. Alongside all this urgent, transactional stuff, you love spotting areas for improvement and building flexible systems and processes that make day to day life much easier for everyone.
What you will do:
- Schedule candidate interviews (in-person and remote).
- Coordinate with recruiters and candidates to ensure a seamless interview experience.
- Act as a point person between candidates and interviewers.
- Greet candidates when they arrive, settle candidates in for interviews, and notify interviewers when candidates are ready..
- Work within our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Initiate reference checks.
- Assist the Recruiting team in gathering data and reporting.
- Support the Recruiting team with administrative duties (scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, expenses).
- Assist on any other ad-hoc projects within the Talent Acquisition department.
We’re looking for the following skills:
- Organized, Organized Organized! You’ll bring calmness where there was little before, but with enough flexibility that we’re not running everything off a spreadsheet.
- Prioritization!! Juggling, is not just for the circus, it's essential you thrive handling multiple prioritizes from multiple stakeholders and changing those prioritize at a drop of a hat if need be.
- Passion for delighting our candidates. Great personality and an ability to put everyone at ease. You’ll be the first and consistent point of contact for a candidate when they are in the office, so you’ll be good at calming nerves even if you know that the buzzer is about to go off for someone else’s interview handover and you have 5 new requests in your inbox to schedule. You’ll also work extensively with our interviewers, dealing with people with pretty heavy workloads and finding ways to get them to be involved with recruiting.
- Problem-solving and process improvement skills above everything. You love finding that cool way to run an assessment day, building a new process to get all of our feedback in our recruiting database and getting to grips with 10,000 moving parts.
- Tech Savvy. We use a recruiting system called Greenhouse and it’s not the most self-explanatory system in the world. We need someone who’s able to pick up and master new technology. And of course, we’re a technology consultancy, so as you can imagine, we like a lot of cool tech around here.
- Get-it-done team mentality. You know that amazing experiences take time, often yours, and you're always willing to give that little bit extra to get things done.
We’re open on the experience that you bring and your culture fit to our team and business. We’re excited to meet you!